Good Day on the River

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by BIG GEORGE, Oct 24, 2005.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Put in this mornin in the dark. It was a comfortable 44 degrees and the water was pushin 58. Out going tide so we worked it accordingly. Winds picked up to about 15 to 20 mph when daylite finally broke but that did not discourage us. LOL! Got a bunch on cut mackeral,blue gill and whole peanut bunker. Here are a couple of pics to bore ya. Thanx!

2. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    George, Good pics bro. See that winter-time face cover is coming in good.
    BRRRRRR! Hatein the fact I had to shave mine off. Can't wait till it starts getting thick again.
    Later bro.

3. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Well you done better yhan me
    wasd out yesterday with herring,livers,bunker and eels
    caught a few here n there but moved around alot!
    seemed like 1-2 fish in a hole then move on.
    Between me,mark and cris,we mayhave gotten 7 fish

Will try again wed afternoon and hopefully do better

4. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    WTG George on the catch nice fish,gald to see someone catching something went for few hours saturday didnt get a bite.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice fish George!

6. reverend_ty

reverend_ty New Member

State:
    Marshall, Texas(Crossroad
    Nice pics, pretty good way to be bored if you ask me!

7. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Grats on the catches. I hope to catch me atleast a few more before the year is over.

8. meangreen351

meangreen351 New Member

State:
    *Required*
    yea, good pictures I'm tellin ya what the bite down here in mobile alabama is completely dead i cant even get a bream to bite on live shiners. Looks like you had some good eating there. Although the fish aint biting the hog hunting's great. just wanted to say great catch!

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Cool man, glad you got to have a nice day on the water. I went around here sunday, beatiful day for fishing, in the 60's with a light drizzle and overcast.
    Got like 8 channel cats but all were only around 2-4 pounds, still fun! Threw them back. And then got like 3 or 4 blue cats around 5 pounds, kept them.
    Then I got like a 20+ inch walleye, that was cool. Esspecialy considering I got him on a dead shad on the bottom on my catfish pole.....kinda strange.
    And I got alot of nice stripers from 2-3 pounds but threw them back because the season is not in right now and its illegal to keep any of them.

A nice day and some nice fish!

Good luck :)

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    the way the weather is here im about ready to get the boat out. in the 60's last week and today its mid 40's. im ready to catch a few.