Good day on the river

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by poopdeck [patrick], Mar 26, 2006.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Today was my first day on the river in the boat. It was the best day I ever had. i caught a 38 ponder a thirty ponder and three 20 somethings. I been thinking about chumming for a while. So i come up with this ideal of taliking a 5 gallon bucket , poking some holes in it, filled it up with chopped up flying carp and a couple of shad and put a lid on it. Then I put some rocks in it to weigh it down. Before i tossed it over the side of the boat I tied a rubber band to the handle and put my line on it. That way my bait was right next to the bucket. I would like to think that is why I caught them fish but I have to do it some more to make sure. It sure didn/t hurt any thing I did this both on the miss and the mo it worked both times.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on a great day on the water!

3. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    that bucket chumming is a dang good idea. i wish i'd thought of it.

4. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    it seemed to work just throw in the bait fish in the bucket with a lid on it, attach your line with a rubberband so it will break away with a bite;
    . If your line is next to in it, the secent should draw them right to the bait. I figure the smell should drive them crazy by the time they get to the bucket and the only thing they will find to eat is the bait
    gonna try it again thursday

5. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    next time you try it you oughta attach a 20/0 treble (i.e. grappling hook) to the bucket just in case you get one of those car sized cats that all the divers see.:happy:

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea a 20/0 treble and a crane:)

7. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Hey Pat, what happen Sat., thought u were going to fish the tourny. :sad: All well there will be more. Sounds like u had nice day Sun. About your chum bucket sorry your not the 1st one to think of that one:cool: . A helpfull hint about chum buckets (ALWAYS PULL YOUR BUCKET IN BEFORE MOVING TO THE NEXT SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

8. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Great Iddea! I may try that this weekend!

9. mjokerr

mjokerr New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Congrats on the successful fishing trip.Always heard of people doing the chum bucket thing.I never tried it but next time I go I will surely try it.

10. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Hi eflow. I was all ready and ricky my partner didn/t show up. Told me later his wife wouldn/t let him go because it was to cold. How did it go? I will be at the next one if i got to find a new partner.