Good day off lake - Now all I need is time to hit the lake and some hungry catfish!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Dec 13, 2008.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I Had a good day today. Traded trucks last week and got my hitch and wiring on the new truck today. Those Hidden Hitches are a pain to put on by yourself, but it's done now.

I also got the shifter working on the boat. That old motor is a cobbled up mess of parts. The motor is an 84 Evinrude 50 with a 2003 power head on it. All of the linkages didn't match up and were cobbled together. Since I have owned it I could not get foward and reverse to both work, either 1 or the other. I modified the linkage to move the shifter rod further from the pivot point and me give me more travel on the shifter. Finally, both foward and reverse work. All that engineering schooling paid off.

Now all I need is time to hit the lake and some hungery cats. I'm ready, just got to get the boss to understand that catfever is really a medical condition and deserves a leave day. Slime theropy is the only known cure!

God Bless All,
    Steve

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Glad you got everything clicking your way, Steve! Now get out there and slime it up!! :wink:
    Bill in SC

3. preacherfisherman

preacherfisherman Member

State:
    SC
    Name:
    Tommy
    Glad you had a good day off the lake, sounds like everything coming together for you. I hope you can have a great day on the lake next time you get to go.

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad ya got it figured out Steve.:big_smile: Tiss the Season for a Smackdown Now. Ooooh! I forgot, Every season is time for a Smackdown. Wait, So is every day of the week:big_smile:

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Steve,
    Being eat up with it is a condition only treatable by a long drive with boatin the rear view, getting wet throwin the cast net and hours tossin baits around the boat.
    According to my family I drive everybody crazy if I dont go for fisihin therapy so they are actually happy to see me go!!!!!
    Glad you got the boat fixed. Getting towed to the fish is hard core but I understand it. I laughed about that.

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to get'er done, Steve :big_smile: Now pack up a few p-nut butter and nanner sangwiches and git out onna water :wink: (Don't forgit to marinate some scrimps...)

7. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I'm ready to go at the drop of a hat. Problem is finding time with work, the church, family and Christmas coming up. Pop pop, you're right, I like to fish on any day that's name ends with Y, except Sunday, I promised God that's His day. Pat, the magic "scrimps" are marinating now, if the wife hasn't found them and thrown them out. I also have a couple of dozen shad frozen in the freezer.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty........

God Bless All,
    Steve

8. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Nice to hear you got everything worked out so now all you have to work on is getting opn the water