Good day Mushrooming

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flysure1, Apr 26, 2009.

1. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    A buddy and I did well shrooming today, not shown is the afternoons find, we had half that many again, I have given away probably 3 pounds already to some old friends that can't get out anymore. I cooked 5 skillets full tonight. We never weighed these but I have weighed 22 lbs before and we had more today, I don't think it is prime time yet, we found these under 4 trees for the most part, I am tired tonight for sure!

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice haul,Rod. Man I love mushrooms,Never had the opportunity to try any wild ones though. Its a little dry in my area for anything but toadstools and cow pattie shrooms :smile2:

3. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Those look great Rod, I can eat them til I get sick and it takes a lot of them to do it.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Right on! I hope to find some this week too. I would be happy with half that many. Way to go!! :cool2:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Wow buddy, that is a slew of 'shrooms! I know they grow in NC, but I keep waiting too late to find 'em......or I just don't know what I'm doing; that's a possibility :smile2:. Congrats on your great haul!

6. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I have been shroomin my whole life. I have NEVER seen that many at one time. Way to go!

7. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It was pretty incredible, 12-15 mushrooms in maybe a 2'x2' area in quite a few places,most of those were under 2 trees, I picked over 20 once while kneeling on one knee---like my buddy and I said, we set the bar pretty high for the rest of the season.

8. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    That's a stack of mushrooms right there!

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That there is some mushrooms,My husband and I would love to get one batch. Way to go Brother!!:cool2::smile2:

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Beautiful ARod. That is a nicey day.