Good day Jan 23

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Paraguayguy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I launched from Deep Bottom at 9:30. I was the only truck in the lot. Soaked the gill net for ten minutes at the bait hole downstream from the ramp. Caught plenty of shad. Water was 39 degrees. Today I decided to explore. I putted around slow zigging and zagging. Wherever I saw a bait ball and some bigger hits around it, I stopped and fished. Ended up being a great day. I caught a 42, 32, and eleven or so in the twenties that I didn't bother to weigh. I was fishing by myself so once again I only have a boat picture. I put this one in the drivers seat.

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    That has got to be one of the coolest ways i've ever seen a fish photographed. Great job and thanx!

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Man, I am jealous!:crazy:

4. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    We will be there...... Thanks for doing the scouting for justlearing and I...We will try it for two days. Friday will be around deep bottom. Sat will be out from JP down river. Will be cold but that is the way it goes.... I know of a little deep hole the size of a football field down from JP I am itching to try.....but first we need bait for two days.....

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Boy Ken You Sure know how to make this Old Iowa Boy Druel Don't Ya!!!! Congrat's. J.D.:big_smile:

6. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Hey Kenneth...what man....you catch the fish then make em drive the boat...lol....your pics are great....the other one you caught ....last week... I think it was..... is still set as wallpaper on my puter and prob use this one also...congrats on a great day.......Jerry

7. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Well...Alan....I will be surprised to see any bait at DB in the morning with this cold snap tonight and the the tide will be up in the morning....high @ 5:48 AM.....high tide usually the bait is scattered......but as you've seen bait has been there all week....you think one cutter ea will be enough ????..LOL....the man is calling for...around 19 low tonight and for Friday....Sunny. Highs in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Dang cold thinking about it...lol...man bring a heater....lol

Jerry

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I will launch from Deep Bottom as I do about 99% of the time. I drive a black Suburban and the boat is an old 16 foot green Lowe with a Yamaha Motor.

Sunday I am going to the Fishing Show, (I Think).

Depending on what I hear today, I could be traveling to pick up a 20 Foot Lund Alaskan with a Mercury 4 stroke. I found one used and think I might buy it with the money I'm saving from quitting the cigarettes.

9. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Kenneth...good luck on getting the boat...Lund is a nice boat for sure.....hard to find a good deal on one!!

10. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice fish ,good job!

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Like the others said, Nice fish and the drivers seat photo was pretty cool!

12. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    WTG Kenneth :006: Good luck on getting your boat!!!
    Mikeb

13. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks for the report and pic kenneth good to see they are still hitting.I will look for your truck and boat when I am down there the 18-22 of feburary.I put in at deep bottom when it is windy and jordons point if it is not.

14. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Nice fish, he looks good in the drivers seat.

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Looks like a great day of fishing, thanks for the report and pics. Good luck on getting the new boat sounds like a fishing machine.

16. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Well, Kenneth, looks like you caught a catfish big enough to mutiny. He took over and threw you back!

Now, if you can just get that cat to hold a pole, he can do your fishing for you! :wink:

Congratulations on a great catch and showing off Virginia's great treasure.

17. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I just talked to my brother. He is coming down so we are fishing Saturday. Will be launching from Deep Bottom. We will be the two white haired guys in the old green lowe jon. Stop and say hello and tell me some good lies. I promise to do the same.

18. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    good catch! that 60 + pounder the other week was nice too!

vaughn

19. river cat rat

river cat rat New Member

State:
    virginia
    i am new to using a gill net how deep should i fish with it will be fishing deep bottom this week end

20. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Most times we put the shallow end in 6-8 ' and pull the other end out toward the deeper water.
    Be carefull and make sure the floats are laying over , not standing up.If its standing then the net can float away and could get into trouble ( a snag )