Good day for Skips

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TennesseeJugger, Jan 23, 2010.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Went to Gallatin steam plant to catch some skips(too windy and water too high for any cats)but loaded up on the skips. Caught 23 in two hours on #6 Sabiki rigs.

2. WattsBarCatfisher

WattsBarCatfisher New Member

State:
    Kingston T
    Where is gallitan steam plant?

3. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    Good day...whish I had been there.

4. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    It is in Middle Tennessee in Gallatin, Tn. Google it. You have to have a boat, they will not let you fish from the bank.

5. Bigg Willy

Bigg Willy New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Fished Gallatin Steam Plant allso Saterday.
    One place you could fish out of the wind and the skips were in there thick and heavy.! Dead shad floating on the top of the water and gulls were as thick as the skips up stream from the exaust. I see just about
    everything floating down river from 60' Timbers to duck blinds hung up on buoys. The water level is three to four feet above normal and the current is swift.
    I reckon it will be a week or two before Old Hickory is back to normal.

6. festus

festus New Member

WattsBarMan, I'll tell you about Gallatin later. Never fished it myself but had to inspect nuclear materials from barges there in the 1970's. Back then it was accessible to bank fishermen, but not now. Lots of good fishing holes down in Middle TN, Cordell Hull Dam, Old Hickory Dam, Gallatin, Bledsoe Crk, Goose Creek, the more I think about it, I feel a fool for ever leaving Hartsville.

7. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Gallatin steam plant is a very good place to catch skips. I fished it last year up by the boils and they were hitting every cast fast and furious..big uns too..thanks for the report Don. We were catching them on small roostertails and white 2in curly tails. I have been fishing at my bank spot near Mt Juliet (with no luck..not even any bites..which is unusual) and there have been some monster logs floating down stream. I like the current but dont like having to reel in every 20 min because of floating debris and snags..Hope the current keeps moving but some of this debris clear out..Thanks agian for the report Don.