Good day fishing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SHARON FLEMING, Jun 30, 2007.

1. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I know that for you hard core fishermen that you wouldn't see this as a good fishing day.
    George went to WY with his 3 brothers so yesterday I took my 13yr old grandson fishing. We started out about 7:00 am and drove about 30 miles to this small farmers pond that we like to fish at. We had a little trouble getting on lines in the water for one reason or another, mu grandson said this is not going well and I told him we can either be upset about it or could laugh at it and have a great day so that is what we did. First he caught a small bluegill and he just rolled his eyes (you know how a 13 yr old can do that) He no more than got his pole back in the water and is bobber was gone, that was the first bass he had ever caught and he loved the fight it put up, he ended up catching 13 bass and one cat fish.. The average bass was 13 to 14 inches long and thay have to be 15 inches long to keep them, but when I fish I catch and release so I guess it doen't really matter about the size, on the way home he said Gramma that was an awesome day. The neighbor guy said "I can't belive you would waste 2 doz minnows and 2 dozen night crawlers to throw evrything back. I would rather spend $13.00 on bait than see him spend the day on his PC.. Didn't mean this to be so long but it was such a geat day I wanted to share it with you
    Sharon

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Sharon,

Days like that are what lifetime memories are made from. He will always remember that day, as will you.

Thanks for sharing such a special day with us.
    Take care.
    Cheryl

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good deal. My motto "Take a kid fishin."