Good Day Fishin'

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Catmandu, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Catmandu

Catmandu New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Went to lower james area today and took 2 brothers who never caught a big cat. We only got 8 fish but the biggest was 55 . Just got a computer but have been fishin the lower end for 20 years before the blues started and I've been reading about the gill nets yall use. I'd be real interested to see them work. I throw a castnet for my bait and only fish from nov thru march my first name is steve post a reply and maybe we could hookup. " tight lines "

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Steve
    Sounds like you had a great day! :thumbsup:
    I know you guys have some big blues there, lots of members in here from your area.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good deal, Steve. Welcome to the BOC. I've seen plenty of days when I would have been thrilled to 'only' catch 8 fish, up to 55#'s. :)

4. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Sounds like a good day to me. I haven't had such good luck the last few weeks. Probably due to being so new to the river. I've been in search mode this weekend, working on identifying decent holes. Bites have been few and far between.

What ramp did you go out of yesterday?

/Scott

5. kayakgeek

kayakgeek New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Steve,
    Take a look at the post titled "Help with a gill net" lots of good info and the web sight for the Fish Net co. They quoted me about $27 for a 30" net I could use from my kayak.

Jay

6. Catmandu

Catmandu New Member

State:
    Virginia
    went out of route five bridge ramp located at mouth of chickahominy went up river holes are scattered also fished the chick some produced others not got news today "all bad" will have to sit out the rest of the blue season do to surgery on elbow WHAT A BUMMERRR :cursing: and the big fish just starting to turn on . have the shad started to die in the james yet i have'nt seen it on my end yet well im going out in a blaze this year. try and fish every day i can till the 17th lol surgery day let yall know how i do. nice to be able to tell how many fish us southern boys really catch now that im on the web .later yall "tight lines"

7. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Aww you can work around that elbow thing :D When I had wrist problems I just learned to cast left handed!! Best of luck. If you recover quick enough the fishing will still be on.
    /Scott