Good Day duck hunting

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Mi11er, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I went duck hunting today and it was awesome:big_smile::big_smile: We went to one of the public hunting areas in Mo (Grand Pass) and had a great hunt. All four of us limited out and had a great time. It was snowing heavily and in the low twenties but the birds were working great. I did notice something interesting today; The spinning wing decoy( aka Marsh strobe:roll_eyes:) is loosing its decoying power. We had it out for an hour and a half and the ducks would flare most of the time but when we took them out they worked much better. Just something to consider hunting public ground.

2. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds good! Have you talked to anyone that has hunted the MO river? I haven't even been out yet this year. I wish I knew someone with a big snow goose spread. We have thousands of snow geese in the weston area right now.

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    We have been hunting the river alot this year. With all the ice the ducks and geese are all over the place. It has been good even though the river is higher than normal( well higher than last year) I would love to hunt over a few hundred dekes for snows too. They seem to be everywhere.

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    We have been hunting the river alot this year. With all the ice the ducks and geese are all over the place. It has been good even though the river is higher than normal( well higher than last year) I would love to hunt over a few hundred dekes for snows too. They seem to be everywhere.

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sorry about the double post:confused2:

6. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Glad you boys got them, Maybe the cold front up state will push some our way, even though were on different flyways. Them snows ain't easy to hunt, as many as there are it only takes one eye out of the 10,000 looking at you to see something it don't like to flare the whole bunch! But there is no other experience like having a tornado come in all the way to the ground! Just don't flock shoot! What kind of ducks were you guy's killing? I hope mallards and Pintails few Wigeon and Gadwall to fill the limit. Nothing quite like teaching the 12th gauge!

7. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri

We hunted the river up by St. Joe last weekend, it was some of the best duck hunting I have ever done. We limited out in about 2 hours Saturday, Sunday and Monday! We saw waterfowl every second of every minute every day we went out. I have got some pictures on my Picture phone, but I can't figure out how to send in an email to my computer, if I can get them figure out I will post some pics! We are going this weekend over on the KS side, the KS season is opened until the 31st, so we thought we might try to get one more good hunt in for the year. Have you been seeing many ducks down your way Dave? They must have move from the St. Joe area, because we went out Wednesday and didn't see near what we have been seeing!

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Now is the time to be out on the river, The geese are thick. Duck season is over:sad2: but the geese are just piling in.

9. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    We got a bunch of Canada geese in. Got a wheat field with around 500 using it, going to hunt them in the morning feel like their going to be spooky but I'll let you know how we do.

10. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Well like I was afraid of the geese were tough, only killed 6.

11. BigMuddyOne

BigMuddyOne New Member

State:
    MO
    With the ice, the river has been good in spots down here by Jefferson City. Season is closed now, but we were doing pretty good hunting the river adjacent to the crop fields they were feeding in. Also got permission to field hunt and it was pretty good too.