Good day at Tawakoni

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Jan 25, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    DSC00053.jpg

DSC00056.jpg Clay and I had a good day at Tawakoni today. We met up with Jim(trlrman) at the ramp and decided we were going to go out in his boat, and leave my boat at the ramp. He has a really nice boat. Started our day off and in the first 15 minutes Clay had a really good one on, it got off but we saw the fish and it was a 30+. Next Jim hooked a really nice fish that also got off. Clay then caught a 15 pounder and then a 26 pounder which I am attaching pics of. We weren't on the big ones after that, but we did boat about 15 or 20 small blues. We did have a blast fishing with a fellow BOC member.

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    gary i guess im gonna have to buy a texas lic.and move in with you till my fish wake up.

3. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    gary,you forgot to mention C.P.R.works the 26# had been released by another angler for us to catch agin !:cool2:

4. jimmy willaby

jimmy willaby New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Looks like you was half-way between the slab and the Greenville pump station ?? I have caught a lot of fish there.:smile2:

5. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Jimmy, the pics were at the humpty humps by the dam, but i have caught a lot in the area you are talking about.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats, sounds like a good time on the water

7. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Awesome! Tawakoni is an great lake to catfish, don't know of a better spot to go expecting to hook into some big ones. Remember the King Kat Tourney there In Feb. I would not be suprised to see multiple fish over fifty pounds weighed in. Sure glad they decided to have a late winter tourney here, rather than in the summer. Good fishing to all of you.Luke Clayton

8. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Yeah Luke, Tawakoni is a great cat lake. Best in Texas in my opinion. I would expect the winner of the Cabelas deal to be a 250 pound five fish creel. It is good they are having it in late February this year. We were on the big fish last week, but still had a good time this Sunday. Shoot, I would rather be out there catching little ones than working:smile2:.

Gary

9. kodys'papa

kodys'papa New Member

State:
    texas
    we plan to go drift saturday and maybe sunday
    The King Cat director told me they had never had a 200 pound weigh in before and I do think this will be their first

10. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    hey papa if i were a gamblin man i would bet on 200lbs + to finish top 5