Good Day At Chain of Rocks.

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by blzfan1963, Aug 14, 2007.

1. blzfan1963

blzfan1963 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Had a pretty good day at Chain of Rocks Monday....Over cast skies not to hot. Caught several Flatties right off the drums using whole shad..Caught one good size one that according to the formula (43"long 28"Dia) went 40lbs if my adding was right which can be suspect at times...But a good tip is I tossed my net one time off the barrel and got a net full of 4-5 inch shad...And the fish were bitting great.I went out today tues and threw 20 to 25 times just to get 10 shad...And low and behold didnt get a bite for 3 1/2 hrs....So anyone going out there keep that in mind...Good luck all Hopefully I can get this picture on here....

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congratulations on the productive day. That's one nice fish!

3. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    didn't happen to see anyone catching any skipjack down there?

4. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the info. I like to fish there, bu thave not heard much. Are you fishing from a boat or bank. I can only fish from the bank and was wondering how the bank has been. Thanks

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Thanks for the info. Be careful. I have lost more than a few cast nets exactly where you are throwing them. Those jagged rocks and at least one old car frame, reach out an grab those nets from ya.

You are very correct in your tip. Where the baitfish are, so will the flatties. If the baitfish disappear, the flats will also.

6. blzfan1963

blzfan1963 New Member

State:
    illinois
    In response to your question Cataholic I fish off the drums when I can but the closer you can get to the current the better off your going to be...If you watch where the shad start jumping thats where I fish whether its way out or right next to the bank..... MVC-043F.jpg

7. blzfan1963

blzfan1963 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I finally got my computer to download the picture of the flathead I caught on Mon...I guess I should have rotated it before downloading...DUH Good luck all

8. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on a good day out Rich! Id sure like to have a day like that. Its been real slow for me lately. Keep it up brother!

9. bookr1

bookr1 New Member

State:
    MO
    Congrats on a good day of fishing

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Nice Fish!!

When you say drums, you meaning the bridge pillars?

Attached Files: