GOOD COMBOS

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Sep 6, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A STORE BOUGHT COMBO THAT WORKED REAL WELL FOR THEM???? LIKE FOR BIG CATS OR BIGGER FISH ??????? IM LOOKING AT A COMBO FROM OKUMA,EITHER A

OKUMA METALLIX 6ft 6in 6-15 LB LINE SPINNING COMBO OR A OKUMA METALLIX 9ft 12-25 LB LINE SPINNING COMBO

CAT FISH CONNECT ION HAS THEM FOR PRETTY CHEAP!!!!!!

THEY LOOK REALLY PROMISING AND WONT BREAK THE BUDGET

I DONT THROW LURES AND MAINLY WONT GO OVER 20 LB MONO SO A BIGGER REEL WILL HELP GET RID OF THE SPRINGYNESS THAT MONO HAS DURING THE WINTER ( IF I USE MONO ):tounge_out:

IVE ALWAYS BOUGHT SMALLER BASS COMBOS FROM THE STORE SO BEFORE I EVEN THINK ABOUT TAKING THEM OUT ON THE WATER I RIP THEM APART AND PACK EVERYTHING WITH GREASE.......(THATS PROBABLY WHY IVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH GEARS OR BINDING):wink:

ANY INPUT WOULD BE AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeRoy

2. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    depends what your after really, there are probably a lot of combos that will work ok for smaller fish up to 30lbs. I just went ahead and bought really heavy gear because I didn't want to have to deal with a gear failure the day I hooked a big fish. Just pick a rod and reel combo that has good reviews and you should be ok. It really just depends what size fish are in your waters. Good luck!!

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When you buy a combo one of the two is usually not very good, either the rod or reel...Thats why I never buy a combo, I like to match my rods and reels myself, those pre matched combos you buy are not very good.

4. southernfire97

southernfire97 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    pfleuger makes a few good combos. the rods arent the best in the world but they hold up good. I do a ton of salt water fishing with mine and also take them on the river and they have never let me down. If your looking for a spinning combo the trion by pfleuger is a good bargain. its got sealed bearings and its around 59 bucks. hope this helps.

5. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Lots to choose from out there Leroy. 1st Figure out what size fish you will be going after, and what is the potential size of the fish that inhabit the river or body of water you are going to be fishing. Next try to match a rod and reel instead of buying a combo. This may cost a few dollars more but you will be much happier. Trust me. Go for the best you can buy within your budget. Lastly go with what feels good to you. Good luck finding what your looking for. Hope this helped some.