Good cincinnati catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by fuman80, Jul 27, 2008.

1. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live in cincinnati and i have yet to land any catfish this year. i dont what the problem is. ive used hot dogs, bluegill, chicken liver, with and without garlic powder, but i never seem to get anything. you guys know of any good places that are pretty active aroun cincinnati?

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    welcome to the BOC brother... the sooner you place an avatar the better. You will gain much more info. if you show a face, and I know of many that way that will help ya... rollo

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    my friend try the little miami river great miami river the lakes in hamiton county county park system, also try ceasar creek eastfork lake, cown lake and rocky fork that close bye that might help out rick Welcome to this boc also if you are game try the licking river around covington and newport kentucky very good place

4. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks guys. and rollo, im tryin to find a pic, but the only one i hav at the moment is on my fone and i dont hav the right cable to get it off lol.

5. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i forgot action lake near oxford ohio also

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    I had a :eek:oooh: moment also the mighty ohio river

7. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    its called acton lake and it has lots of small channels,good crappies and saugeye:cool2: go to the ohio river ....:smile2:

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Plenty of big fish down that way. Many people fish right down town and I have heard that the stadium area is excellent.

Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Chris! I would fish the Ohio River if I lived in Cincinnati, you chances are as good there as anywhere.

10. tunnafish

tunnafish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What's so important about an avatar? I never even heard of the TERM before a few months ago! I remember your requesting that I post one awhile back. Number One: I'm so old and ugly I'd make people GAG! Number Two: Don't know how to do it! Number Three: (Related to number one) I'm afraid my appearance will detract from the pristine beauty of my pearls of wisdom in the HI Forum.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    LOL, Look at me, ever want to look someone in the eyes when you talk to them???

It may help when requesting help on fishin.... and that counts fer alot!!!

:wink::wink::wink:

12. Lignum

Lignum Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    All outstanding suggestions. And don't forget the pay lakes if that is in your constitution.:wink:

13. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We fish down by the stadiums near the boat ramp downtown, also a few nice spots on the Kentucky side of the river right across from the stadiums and around licking on the Ohio.

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Welcome to the board, the bite has been flat out terrible this summer on the river, its just been a very weird pattern and hard to figure out. Especially when you figure in that last year at this time the water temp on the ohio was near 90 degrees, and its been in the 80's. Just keep at it and move around as much as possible. All I have to say is...COME ON WINTER:roll_eyes:......