Good channel catfish day and weird day

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by mack in n.c., Jul 4, 2006.

1. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    went to one of my bass hot spots near burlington below a dam........caught 11 cats on lures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........i have caught cats on lures and even the flyrod but never more than 1 here or there......and absolutly not 11!!!......only thing i can figure is that during the high water some cats came over the dam(its a low 1) or most likey alot came upstream and there were probaly hundreds there......anyway took my son back in the evening and using cutbait below floats caught over 30...with a few whites mixed in....no monsters but several were pushing 5 lbs......also another weird incident... i caught a 1.5 lb crappie on cutbait....!!!......mack

2. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congrats on the great day, Mack!! Don't question what they're hittin', just keep reelin':lol: Good Job!

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The weirdness continues...

I have caught two largemouth drifting on cut bait this past week. Prior to that I had only caught one all of last year.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is a great day of catfishing. Ton of em on lures and cut bait. Sounds like ya found a hole after a nice rain. Good luck on the water.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

sounds like a great day. I was catching crappie off of night crawlers stuffed with ground up chicken liver.

6. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sounds like your lucky day. If only every trip was that easy.

7. Jordan

Jordan New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Lately I've been catching some big bream on chicken livers and cut bait in fished on the bottom at this one pond.

8. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    hey, if the lord gives you fish, you shut up and take it! :lol: good job catchin em!

9. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    When they want to eat they eat, they didn't learn in school to not eat other fishs food.

10. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Still is wierd though...well it tells you one thing - you never truly know what ur gonna get when ur fishing.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sounds like a great day,Congrats on the catches!!!