GOOD CATFISHING DAY ON THE CUMBERLAND

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by brotherknothead, Aug 21, 2008.

1. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Well, it started off at 0500 in the morning. The tempertaure was 63 and the current on the cumberland was slow. Also there was not traffic on the water. I got on the water at 0600 and begin fishing a log jam using cut and hole shad. At 0615 I had a smaller fish take the hook. I got him in and released him. Then not to much longer after him, I had two rods go down at the same time. Wow that was pretty fun trying to get two fish in at the same time. But I manage to do it. When I got them both in the boat I just started yelling yes yes. I never had that happen right at the same time. So i baited up again. About 30mins later using a piece of shad about 3inches caught the bigger on you see there. I had two that came off of the hook and some that I missed. Most of the action happen b/w 0600 and 0800. But after 0800 I still had bites but they slowed down.I got off the water around 1015. I wanted to stay longer but I had things to do the rest of the day.

Attached Files:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hey congrats on the fish. Sounds like a good day on the water!! Hurry back over here........................we have heard some rumors that need to be confirmed or denied!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing your fishing trip and pics. Nice fish .WTG.

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    hey congrats,thats a nice mess of fish

5. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Wonderful what I nice trip. I look the contrasting colors on the cats. Were they are channel catfish and about how big were they? I envy you dayfishermen... I feel as if I got to be stumbling in the dark for a chance at the elusive and nocturnal catfish, yet you guys have a great thing going in the warm summer morning.

6. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice catch. Days like that will keep a fellow going back.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Looks like some fine dining to me! :cool2:

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Somebodys eatin good. LOL! Thanx for the story.:cool2:

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice Channel, Danny.

10. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Thats the way to spend a couple hours on the water.:wink: Thanks for sharen your trip with us.