good catfish rigs

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Lil Grinder 20, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Lil Grinder 20

Lil Grinder 20 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i need help on catfish rigs ...i would like 2 get to know this no slip sinker rig & how/where 2 use it..also what baits can i use on the rigs

ANY other rigs i dont know about?

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Nisha, I am not familiar with the no slip sinker, Could it be the no roll sinker?

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use a slip sinker rig for all my fishing rivers and lakes..I use a circle hook followed by 10-12 inches of leader, then I put on a swivel...Then comes my main line...When river fishing I am using between 3 and 8-ozs of sinkers...Either, egg, no roll or bank....I have found that cut bait works great with this rig.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes I was hopeing you ment slip sinker rig?

5. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    The Carolina Rig is a popular one. It is a sliding sinker, then sometimes a bead, then a barrel swivel. Then a leader, anywhere from 6 inches to a couple feet, depending on the situation. You can use pretty much any bait on this, stink bait, cut bait, live bait.

edit- sorry for the repeat, i must of been typing when you posted.

6. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Not sure what you are calling a no slip sinker, do you mean a no role sinker? If so it is a flat sinker that works well in current, other sinkers like bank or round sinkers will role especialy in heavy current with a big bait. You can have your weight at bottom and your hook further up on aleader to keep it off the bottom and in the current. You can also use a round slip weight rig where the hook is at the end and further back on either the leader or mainline you run the line through the weight with a bead before the knot, this allows the fish some movement with the bait without feeling the weight. You can use whole shad or skipjack alive or dead and of course as cut bait, and don't forget about shad and skipjack guts. One of my main rigs is to tie a two way swivel to mainline, then to the swivel I attach a leader about 5 to 6 feet long and tie a polomar knot leaving a length to the weight of about 3 to 4 feet and what is left is a length of about 2 and a half foot to tie to a hook, keeps batit off bottom and the current keeps it up also. Ask all the questions you can we are all here to help.

7. Lil Grinder 20

State:
    tennessee
    sorry guys i meant a no roll sinker

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Nisha, go to Fishing Tackle Review and Discussion, click on Terminal Tackle Review, the scroll down to NO ROLL SINKERS thread was made by Big Tatoo. you will find some infro there.

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
  10. Lil Grinder 20

State:
    tennessee
    thankz TopSgtLawrence very helpfull will keep in mind.