Good buy?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by KatfishKyle, Jun 25, 2008.

1. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Im not too firmiliar with bait casters. But on my way home from work I stopped at a yard sale and bought a Penn Delmar on an 8 1/2ft Olympic pole. He was asking $75 for the combo, so I offered $40 and he took it. I do know Penn is a popular name in baitcasters. Good deal for $40 or not? Now I just need to teach myself on how to cast this thing. :smile2:

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    im not fimmiliar with that model but a working penn and rod for $40. sounds like a pretty good deal to me. most penns run even used on ebay around $25-$50. pepending on model size and shape.

in the library there are some articles on casting baitcasters. they should be of some help getting ya started.

3. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Thanks for the info. the reel is in MINT Condition and so is the pole. And everything works on the reel also. Also looks like fairly new string on it. But I will change that. Another question, what brand and weight of line would be ideal for that exact reel?

4. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Del Mars are getting $20-40 on Ebay with shipping, so I'd say you did well. Even a cheap 8 ft rod will set you back 20.00 new...

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Go to.

www.pennparts.com

click on reel specs to the left.Then click on your reel to view specs.You can find out all kind of things about your reel here.Search the site.

275 yards of 30 lb.mono is the reel spec.

Hope you enjoy it.Give us a review when you use it.What rod".

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    If its a Penn Reel at that price it should be a good buy.

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Also looks like fairly new string on it.>

LOL! Reels use "line", not string! :) Looks like you got a fair deal.
    BB in SC