good buy catfish hello 10 pointers

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by stump jumper, Sep 29, 2009.

1. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    went and checked my trail cameras 4 days two cameras took 106 pics ,unreal looks like i will have my hands full this thursday

Attached Files:

2. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    some more

Attached Files:

3. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Steve what kind of Camera do you have? Looks like you shouldnt have any trouble filling your tag!!:smile2:

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    As I'm reading this thread, I have two does back in my food plot partaking in some turnip delight :smile2: Only thing is, I wont shoot the does, just bucks. Last year a buck thought it would be cute to make a half dozen monster scrapes up and down my back fence row. Never did see the varmint that left me these sign post :smile2: I need to pick me up one of these digital cameras. I'd probably be amazed at what I have running around here. All I have ever seen is small, knarley shaped racked bucks around here, but about five years ago, I did see a huge non typical run though the yard. He would have been a keeper in any state in the country. I have always hunted every year with my best friend and college roomate who owns 1500 acres up in Brown County, Illinois so I have been pretty spoiled getting to hunt in the golden triangle of whitetails every year. Alas, they leased out this year. The money was just too much. They got 75 bucks an acre for rights to hunt it. Cant blame em, as thats one heck of a lot of money. I guess its time to start door knocking and searching for a lease up in northern, MO somewhere. Probably too late this year, but maybe I can find something next year. I do cherish the Whitetail Woods every fall. Its right up there with catching a 90 pound catfish.

5. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'm in the same boat. Here's a couple pics of what I'm after this fall. I seen a buck on our new 700 acre lease this past Saturday that is bigger than both of these bucks I posted as well. This was the first sit on the new place as well so that's always a good sign. :big_smile:

Man that stinks about the hunting land Cuz. It's insane that anybody would pay $75 an acre to lease some ground like that. Definitely can't blame a guy for leasing ground if they can get that much. :eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thats one reason finding a place to hunt is getting so hard. The farmers have figured out how to up there income and the richer hunters are taking it all up. Bought 92 acres up north 10 yrs ago. One of my better investments in life!!

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Wow, those are a couple of, dare I say, DANDY'S Seth :smile2: I'd most likely let the first one walk, but Ol Number two there would probably get the smack down on him :smile2: Looks to be a solid 140 inch buck by my best guess, with heavy bases. Older deer for sure. Thats a solid Pope an Young with a bow! Good Luck getting those varmints!

Hey, why dont everyone post up some of your Whitetail Mounts, and/or pictures here on this thread. Be nice to see what some of us have harvested over the years. I'll go take some pics of mine and post em up.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    That was a smart move J.C. You'll never get burned on farm land anymore. One things is for sure, they cant make any more of it.

9. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    The price up there has doubled and trippled. Wish I had more. A lot better than my 401K!!:angry:

10. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
  11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hunting in the top locations has definitely been reserved for those with realllll deep pockets of which I am not. I know there in West Central, Illinois, its the Outfitters that are raking in the huge profits. They pay the farmer a handsome wage for the rights, then they are charging out of state hunters anywhere from 1500 to 5000 per man for a few days of hunting. Too me, I'd rather not pay that much money for a hunt, fully knowing that for several weeks prior, other hunters have occupied those stands on an almost daily basis. Those Deer dont get that big being stupid for sure. I'm starting to save up some money so that Lord willing I can buy my own farm up north before the values get out of control and make it unaffordable. There are still some deals to be had up north if your patient. Oh, and my buddy told me that there were several farms in Pike County, IL that went for 100 bucks an acre to lease for just 7 days of Shot Gun season. WOW.

12. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    i lost rights to the family farm on the back side of siloam springs 5 years ago, 2years ago i lost the 1900 acres in macoupin gramps told me 4 guys were going to lease it for way more than he ever made farming it.so i had one little 80 acre spot off of the edge the four guy never shot gun season ,i killed four for the weekend ,they leased the 80 out from under me the next year to my knowledge they have killed one doe ,she should be worth 2000$ a pound.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hate to hear that. Its sad. I think for the common man, best thing you can do is team up with a few of your buddies, and go in together and buy a farm. You could set it up as a corporation, and write off your expenses, and make some income on subletting out the farming. I know of a few folks that have done this with some pretty considerable success.

14. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    jason walmart special 5o dollars a piece two memory cards 17$,a great value seeing what going on and not being there,in two weeks over 250 pics and i will not have a prob with a neighbor who said he never hunts my spots wait till he sees his pics

Attached Files:

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO, BUSTED

16. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I am hoping to have some nice pictures on my camera when i check it this weekend.

There always seem to be some nice deer running around my spot but they get pretty scarce once the season starts.

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Heres a few the Mrs has allowed in the house :smile2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the size, but how how do you guys make the little black boxes that are clickable?

18. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I just upload the pictures straight from the computer Cuz. Do you have your's hosted on Photobucket or something like that?

Those are some nice ones. I'm really digging that mulie you got. He's got a little junk on his rack to add some cool character.

I feel very fortunate to have access to hunt the ground I do. There's about 800 acres of ground between 5 farms within a 20 minutes drive of home and I also went in on a 700 acre lease down just east of Salem, MO. If the lease is as good as the owner tells us, then we hope to continue the lease as well.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  19. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    nice looking deer there. Good luck on bagging a big ol buck

20. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    here is a picture of one that was running around last year.

[​IMG]