Good Bite at IPL Dam on 67

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Jun 30, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Been fishing the IPL Dam off 67 last two days and catching everything. Bluegill, Skipjack, Shad, Crappie, Channels, gar, walleye, flatheads, smallmouths, hybrid stripers, and a fish I have never seen before.. also a few sunfish..

My scale was left on so i didnt get any weights because the batteries were dead and I didnt bring my digital cause I must of packed it when i moved:angry: I need to find it.. After the Hybrid I had to go get my phone from the car.. Had it charging just to prove there are hybrids in there.. but I will post it later today or tomm... I will be going back here in the next few hours.....

2. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Sounds like the dam is treating you right Shane. I just might have to go out Friday after work and try my luck again. This time without the Catfish Cowboy lassoing all this fish!!!:smile2::smile2:(i had to Ben) What are they hitting Shane? Gills, shad, cralwers, livers...? Just thought i would ask.

Oh yeah i got that reel mounted and it works just fine. I have been testing it out with my dogs in the backyard. If any one wants to have a little fun take a water bottle with a little water in it and tie it to the end of your line and then pull the dogs back across the water. Unfortuneatly that is the only fishing i have been able to do.

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I want to see the skipjack pics. You sure the hy's arent just white bass- and the walleyes arent sauger? :confused2:

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    great report Shane! pic of the unknown fish?

5. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    where is the dam located on 67 i know the area pretty good and have never noticed a dam and i drive 67 every day to go to work.

6. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    just north of 39 (1/4 mile ish)... park along the road and walk through the woods..

7. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    well it took some time because of the move but here are the pics...

Attached Files:

8. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    here are some more..

Attached Files:

9. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    The best bait to use if a skipjack head or crappie head... but they are biting good on cutbait....

10. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    This was the third Hybrid i caught that day..

Attached Files:

11. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man thats cool!!! I'd've never guessed! welcome back mr Shane!

12. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    Ive never seen a hybrid striper what is it like a large mouth mixed with a striper. Nice fish by the way looks like yall had a good time.

13. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    im probably gonna give this spot a try this friday, do you catch many cats in this spot? what baits would u suggest using other than cutbaits? good job thats a good catch you got yourself there.

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    If you cast net you can get shad. but Shad, Bluegill, Minnow, chub, Crappie, Skipjack, Liver, Crawlers all work great...

This spot has been real slow the last few years but it nice to see it picking back up.....

15. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah i don't own or even know how to use a cast net. U ever use any dip baits there?

16. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Dip Baits... I wouldnt recomend them.. I dont like them.. best bait comes from the same waters u fish..... use fish to catch fish... unless it crawlers..:smile2:

17. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    i had the secret 7 dip bait out there all day and didnt get anything i wouldnt use any dip baits. Guys next to me where catching little channels all day on shrimp

18. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I would recomend taking a small bass rod with a white jig and catch 2 or three skipjacks and ur set.. also you can catch crappie, smallmouth and bluegill for bait.. it u have a cast net there are plenty of shad also

19. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I have a cast net, but I cannot say that I am any good at using it.

20. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    never used a casting net i only use a u/l rod with either red worm or bee mouth to catch bait --:eek:oooh::smile2: looks like a lot work with those casting nets anyway