Good bank spot near Kansas City, Missouri

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by bgoodman498, Mar 23, 2007.

1. bgoodman498

bgoodman498 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    HEY GUYS,

PLEASE BARE WITH ME I'M NEW TO THIS. I OBSESSED WITH CATTIN AND I'M TRYING TO LEARN AS MUCH AS I CAN. I'M LOOKING FOR A GOOD SPOT TO DO SOME BANK FISHING NEAR KCMO. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ADVICE!:big_smile:

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    You looking for lakes or river bank spots?

3. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Brian. I'm sure someone can help you out!

4. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brian,
    Hello sir, depending on what type of fish you wish to target would help a bit here but I'll take a stab at it anyway.
    First if you are looking for the Sporting Class of Flats and Blues, You would definitely want to fish the Rivers. I don't know much about the KAW river, but there are quite a few guys on here that are well educated and always quick to respond, so if I don't completely help you out, they'll probably be posting up here shortly.
    The Missouri River offers limited access here in the K.C. Area, there is a park downtown that I believe is called the Waterfront Park. It's right around 169/Broadway bridge and the downtown airport. There is also another place out in Sugar Creek located at just South of 210 highway on 291 highway. The place is called Lebinite Park.
    There is another spot just Northeast of this location, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the spot. It is a Conservation Area.
    There is one other place that comes to mind. It is out in Sibley, MO another place where you can bank fish.
    I would caution you there have been quite a few posts on here lately of safety while bankfishing on the MO. Basically you just got to be aware of your surroundings and be cautious while your out there. Alot of homeless people congregate around the river for some reason. I'm not saying that all homeless people are a threat by any means, however with any class of people there are the ones that choose to walk astray.
    As far as lakes go. Way to many to list. I tell you what I am going to attempt to post a link here that will help you alot more than what I can buy typing. If it doesn't work, Just go to the Mo Dept. of Conservation Website, click on fishing and then click on places to fish and they will provide you with much better information than I am able to provide.
    http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/moatlas/AreaList.aspx?txtUserID=guest&txtAreaNm=s
    Hopefully this link will work but again if it doesn't go to MDC home page, Click on Fishing. Then scroll down a bit and click on where can I fish. Then it will give you three or four fields to narrow your search. Just go to the bottom option and click on the Kansas City Area. then it will bring up another page and you will see a link typed in blue that says atlas click on that and that will get you there.
    Hopefully some of this will help you out a bit, Let me know if you need anything else.
    Garrett

5. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    There is a small park in Riverside that has some decent bank access. I've had fair luck there when fishing for channels but have yet to try for anything else there. The police patrol it quite often so I feel that it's fairly safe. The Cooley lake area isn't bad but if you go there on a weekend night you will have to deal with a bunch of partiers. I guess it could be a good thing depending upon your stand point.

6. bgoodman498

bgoodman498 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    GUYS,

I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. I GUESS I SHOULD MENTION THAT I'M LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD FARM PONDS TO CATCH SOME EATING CHANNELS. A LARGE FLAT OR BLUE WOULD BE NICE, BUT I KNOW THAT I WON'T FIND THEM IN ANY POND. IF ANYONE IS EVER LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO FISH WITH, LET ME KNOW. I WOULD LOVE TO LEARN ALL I CAN! THANKS