Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am new to catfishing and new to this site. I was wondering if anyone new of some good bank fishing spots near Joplin / Webb City area?

·
Registered
677 Posts
hey, if you want to catch channel cats mined land wildlife area #30 holds the ks state record channel cat 36lbs. It's near columbus/ Scammon ks and has good bank access no special permits reqd. I catch large numbers of channel cats at Pleasonton ks. city lakes. It is right off hwy 69 to the north of you I drive 50 miles south to fish there s.b. about the same disance north of you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the greetings, this is one impressive web site and group of catfisherman to be a part of!:big_smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live about 30 minutes south of Joplin in Pineville. There are stretches of the Elk River that hold some large flatheads. There are also a lot of channels in all sizes. The best area for flathead fishing is in Noel which is right beside Pineville. 540 south will take you to Pineville. Exit H highway and it will lead you right to Noel.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
On the north side of Nevada about 5 miles you'll see a sign that says Cephas Ford, it's on the Marmaton river and they tell me it's very good during high water. Alot of white cat is what i'm told. I hunt the area but haven't fished it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Another good area North of Nevada is The Augusta A. Busch 4 rivers conservation area. There is a place on the east end on the marmaton river thatmight be good for bank fishing. There are some big cats up in that river.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I fished at the cowskin access on Elk river last summer and had some decent luck. Is that the portion of that river that seems to be the most productive? Thanks for all the good information!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.