Good Bank Fishing spots

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by swmo guy, Feb 28, 2008.

1. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey guys, I am new to catfishing and new to this site. I was wondering if anyone new of some good bank fishing spots near Joplin / Webb City area?

2. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    There is a few good one's out in Columbus and Riverton.

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Welcome to the BOC Gary, I know some of the brothers will start speaking up to help you soon.
    Hope you like it here as much as the rest of us. :wink:

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome aboard Gary. I'm a little too far north to help you but there are several brothers from that neck of the woods to help you

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Gary.

6. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    welcome to the boc!! every spot is good you just have to fish it to find the best!!!:wink:

7. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    hey, if you want to catch channel cats mined land wildlife area #30 holds the ks state record channel cat 36lbs. It's near columbus/ Scammon ks and has good bank access no special permits reqd. I catch large numbers of channel cats at Pleasonton ks. city lakes. It is right off hwy 69 to the north of you I drive 50 miles south to fish there s.b. about the same disance north of you.

8. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for all of the greetings, this is one impressive web site and group of catfisherman to be a part of!:big_smile:

9. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Right across state line from Joplin is Baxter Springs Kansas where the Spring River runs through and down to Grand Lake in Oklahoma. It has about every kind of fish and has lots of holes . Enjoy !

10. eelamph

eelamph New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I live about 30 minutes south of Joplin in Pineville. There are stretches of the Elk River that hold some large flatheads. There are also a lot of channels in all sizes. The best area for flathead fishing is in Noel which is right beside Pineville. 540 south will take you to Pineville. Exit H highway and it will lead you right to Noel.

11. eelamph

eelamph New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You should also try Grand Lake in Oklahoma. That lake is loaded with cats.

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    On the north side of Nevada about 5 miles you'll see a sign that says Cephas Ford, it's on the Marmaton river and they tell me it's very good during high water. Alot of white cat is what i'm told. I hunt the area but haven't fished it.

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Small world erik, i live 2 miles east of Simsberry store off of 90. And welcome to the BOC!!!

14. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Another good area North of Nevada is The Augusta A. Busch 4 rivers conservation area. There is a place on the east end on the marmaton river thatmight be good for bank fishing. There are some big cats up in that river.

15. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I fished at the cowskin access on Elk river last summer and had some decent luck. Is that the portion of that river that seems to be the most productive? Thanks for all the good information!