Good and safe place to bank fish the ohio river jn cincinnati

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by katkiller77, Nov 24, 2008.

1. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    what a good place to bank fish the ohio river in cincinnati I want to try to get blues or better flatheads there rick

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Have never fished it myself, but I have heard of a good many members that fish right there in the stadium area. Good luck to you

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I sent ya a PM on a couple places to try...:wink:

4. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i take the boys to watch the reds play at least once a year and we fish there by Great american ball park, we get there early to get a good parking spot and fish till the gates open but have alwas done good there..never been skunked in like 12 trips...but have only caught channels....but the boys love it,thats all i care about:wink::big_smile:

5. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Ive been trien to find a good spot there myself but i know if you can get anywhere near that mehldaul dam your in a great spot because the electric currents off of the dam attract fish...:cool2:

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i have to try those places ohio river is a good blue fishery close to home i love the james river but a day trip would be about with gas 25 dolaar trip thx rick

7. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    The james is an unreal blue fishary! people catch so many biggunz there!:big_smile::cool2::roll_eyes:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tell me about it bro!:smile2::roll_eyes: I will be back!! rollo

9. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    I haven't fished the ohio yet since i've been back to the states, but we used to fish down by anderson ferry and points west from there. anderson ferry can be a bit muddy though sometimes. produces some decent cats in the 10-30lb range. at least it did for my buddies. my only big fish out of there gave me a face full of hook and sinkers when the hook popped loose on him.

but yeah, we did decent there up to six years ago.

10. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    thanks for info rick

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Rick, don't forget about the Ken-tuck side of the river. You will have to get a license, But they seem to have alot of public areas on that side of the river.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You can fish the main stem of the river on the Ky side with an OH license. We don't care, we'll let you Buckeyes fish over here...:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

13. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Yeah i cant stand that while im driving bye looking for a spot and i see across the river there is places to fish publicly all over on the Ken-Tuck side but there is no where hardly in the ohia' side.:angry::roll_eyes:

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    you guys do know you can fish the Ky side with an Ohio license right?

15. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    I never knew that i going to try then.

16. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    I am looking forward to bank fishing it this get my eurosport tuned two new tires and brkaes checked then I am good to go rick