Gonna try

Discussion in 'SOUTH DAKOTA RIVERS TALK' started by prlwng, Mar 10, 2018.

1. prlwng

prlwng Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    south dakota. sioux falls area
    Name:
    bill
    If sun comes out on Sunday, gonna try big sioux. Either up here by sioux falls or down by sioux city. Itch is kinda bad.

Will post if any bites. May even toss some jigs for whatever.

Mac-b and Catpaw like this.
  2. prlwng

State:
    Name:
    bill
    Weatherman lied again. No sun. Went anyway for an hour by the bridge. Very cold north wind. Fish musta thought so also as they stayed hidden.

VanKley and Mac-b like this.

3. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    I am afraid the only bite you might get this early up there by the arctic circle would be frost bite.

Stay warm

R. D. Hilton and Mac-b like this.
  4. prlwng

State:
    Name:
    bill
    55 degrees maybe tomorrow at Gavins point. Norms said dock is in on NE side.

Fired up the little boat this eve. Will see what is biting and if the refoaming job worked. Get to hopefully not try my new inflatable pfd.

VanKley and Mac-b like this.
  5. prlwng

State:
    Name:
    bill
    Docks in on both sides below Gavins Point. Was windy on SD side so put in on NE side. Then wind died.

Had one hit is all, on chick liver no less. Had it on for a few seconds then found did not tie hook good enough. Was trying a bit of everything. Water temp was 32 in morn, 33 at 6. 200000 cfs from gates. Bout a 3 mph current when doing a suspend drift, till drifted into 2 foot water then drug bait.

At least got little boat out and was very happy with it till fouled plugs a few feet from dock. Had enough to get roaped to it tho. At least I hope that' what I did. It would jump right to plan and run 30 plus into current. Did do a lot of slow running to try to spot fish. They must still be down south.

New life jacket, inflatable, was great. In fact forgot I had it on till had boat up top and was storing gear.

There was a strange even that occurrd tho. Do not know if any have seen that utube of a wake going upstream In Missouri. It passed by my anchored boat less than ten foot away. Watched it go upstream for ten minutes or so. Never saw what it was. I don't have side imaging. SPOOKY.

Mac-b and Catpaw like this.
  6. jeffm351

jeffm351 Active Member

State:
    SxCty_Iowa
    Name:
    Jeff
    Iv seen that video and it was on "Real or Fake", heres a clip of that.

7. prlwng

State:
    Name:
    bill
    I have never heard of a log or rock going upstream. This time it passed my anchored boat less than 10 foot away.

8. wadekaminski

wadekaminski Well-Known Member

State:
    MO - Missouri
    Name:
    Wade
    The video in question is of a buoy located just north of highway 364 (St Charles, county Missouri). I fished that area very heavy that year and passed right by it often.

9. VanKley

VanKley Well-Known Member

State:
    SE South Dakota
    Name:
    Tom Van Kley
    Channels should be getting active with the warmer weather in the forcast.

10. prlwng

State:
    Name:
    bill
    Hope so.

Hit the sioux for hour and half this morn. Cold no bites. Had to go to work this eve.