gonna try again

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by poisonpits, Jan 7, 2008.

1. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    top im going to be at the discharge sat.and sat.nite.may have cntryboy aka newton with me.going to try for skips in the day and some cats that night.if you can come by and i aint at the boat ramp honk twice and ill come over for a visit or some fishing if your so inclined.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Are you talking about the 12 and 13 of Jan? About what time will you arrive the on Sat?

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Yes Top- Johnnie isspeaking of the 12 and 13 of Jan. He told me that he would be there sometime around about 9 or so on the morning of the 12th. So far it is a go for me, but can't say what time i will arrive. I won't know that till later in the week. I do plan on bringing my boat.

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you guys coming back up to cumberland? if so i think a few of us from indiana are coming down....

5. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    biga we are talking bout the hot water discharge at russilville arkansas.i dont think ill be coming back to the cumberland for a while.if i do it will be later in the year when its warmer.

6. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    top im going to try and be there by 9 in the am.if somthing comes up ill post about it later.

7. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Well, wouldn't you know it - I have to work a half a day tomorrow! So, it will be noon before i leave here. So, look for me around 1:30 or 2. I will be dragging Angelkitty and Lil' Rick with me.:smile2:

8. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i got you newton.top ill still be there round 10.hope to see you there.

9. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I meet up with Johnnie about noon yesterday. After putting the boat in, we fished for a while until it started to rain. We caught on that weighed around 8 pounds. Then we went in and trailored the boat. We remained at the discharge ramp until 10:30 p.m . Alltogether we caught 16 fish weighing anywhere from around 1 lbs up to about 8 lbs.

I really enjoyed the trip as usual. And learned another thing or two from Johnnie. Also got to try out some of Gene Chambers sickle hooks. These hooks are great and would be a benefit to all that uses them.

Was hoping to visit Top, but either he couldn't make it down or we missed him while out in the boat. Will post more later, as of now i am gonna get some rest before taking on the task of cleaning fish!
    Attached is a pic of the ones i brought home with me!

Attached Files:

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I got at the ramp about 10:10 AM 12 Jan 2008, stayed about one hour and no one put a boat in at that time. I guess we should have used our cell phones to link up.:confused2:

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Newt, what location did the cats come from? next to the orange berrier?, in the stumps or in the swift water.

12. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    top we caught the fish from the fatherest place you can fish at the boat ramp.we were using my long rods and fishing strait out bout 80 to 100 yards.all fish came on froze skipjacks.probably gonna go again in 2 weeks.

13. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ps.i picked up another 500 lbs.of lead from my nephew while i was there.got a lot of melting to do now.

14. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Top - johnnie said he got there around 10. Guess you was ahead of him. I did not get there until 12 noon with my boat. Maybe next time. Trisha kinda got worried again and said we fish to long. She may come next time , but she is ready to go in a few hours. Me and Johnnie can stay a while. May have to get directions to your house and see if you want some company if she gets ready to go to soon!!!! LOL

Attached are a few more pics of some of the fish. Before cleaning them, i weighed the biggest one on a set of old spring scales, it came to 10 pounds!!!

Attached Files:

15. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    congratulations on a good day fishin.... got some nice eaters in there!!!

16. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    That is a nice mess of fish.

17. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I missed out on the fishing due to being sick. Now I want to go to Lake Degray this coming weekend. I want to rent a yurt and stay saturday night. We will see how things go this week before posting. Johniee you two caught a mess of cats. Who knows we might go back out to the Nuke Plant instead. :big_smile:

18. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    has anyone fished around pinebluff area