gonna take a road trip in december

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by armyfisher, Oct 19, 2008.

1. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    well my leave got cancelled for christmas and my wife and kids are going up to oklahoma for a few weeks, i know the times are gonna be cold and not a lot of people gonna be fishing but for you that are let me know i would love to get out on the nice cold water freeze my a$$ of catching some fish, i'll bring my gear bait, snacks, drinks, and throw some money for gas for the boat if anyone is interested let me know, thanks brothers:big_smile:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Where you planning on fishing brother?? Sorry to hear about your leave

3. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    well aint quite sure yet i'm gonna talk to a few people around GA here on the site and see if they got any plans just for a day or a night whatever works for them. Me personally i think it would be awesome to hitch a ride out with a fellow brother. to be able to get a better understanding of catfishing, hopfully break my cherry and catch my first flathead. I plan on fishing where ever one of our brothers says i can. I'd like to meet up with paul (westpoint) to me he knows what he doing and a great guy. But if someone else says hey climb aboard i'll be more than happy to.:big_smile: i just need to get out of the augusta area, i need to get out and see the rest of the lakes and rivers out here, i kinda feel like a barracks rat only fishing in a handful of places when the garden of eden of fishing lays only a few miles away. well brother hilljack, i'm out brother keep um fishing:big_smile:

4. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Pual is good people, I think he would square you away. I will not be down there by Christmas but willing to take you out anytime after march.

5. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    where ya gonna be stationed at down here anyways. Ft. stewarts only 2 hours south of me and benning is about 3-4 hours west. let me know where you going to be at, hopfully by that time i'll still be here and not stationed somewhere else

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    When ya decide on a date let me know. I fish Okla some and would be glad to take ya out. Can't guarantee any results but i'll show ya grand lake and we'll give it our best shot.

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

I will be at Benning in March. Let me know if you want to get together

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    How far are ya from Hall county?? I will be all moved into the new lake house and the boat will be in the water year round so we can always hit the water for some good cold water striper action:wink:

9. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    well brother hilljack so far it looks like i will be here in march but then again it all depends on my re-enlistment options, right now the only thing open for duty stations is here at fort gordon or fort leonard wood. But i'm gonna give it some time see what all i can get. Armyfisher2(steve) just PCS'd to fort leonard wood so if some things dont open up soon i might be moving to Missouri. I'll tell ya what though i really havn't been disapointed since i've been here in the augusta area. Just wished i would have gotten a flathead, but theres still time. I will let you know what happens though i should hear something from retention next month on whats opening up and when the report date(s) are. Well brothers keep them lines wet our bellies full of good food and a smile that says nothing is gonna stop us from fishing.:smile2:

10. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Hey David, since you're in Augusta, which is only about 65 miles from me, you outta think about coming up here to Greenwood SC for a little cold water cattin'. Just remember though, can't guarantee fish, but I CAN guarantee beer. I just hope you don't mind fishing with a Marine.....Please, no comments from the peanut gallery (this means YOU, Paul). :smile2: