gonna strangle your weather man

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by drpepper, Sep 12, 2008.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I KNEW it! Bill was right... I feel like I just threw away the winning lottery ticket by not coming down there to fish with Bill in SC... the day I was to leave your forecast was nothing but storms every single day.
    This is really my wife's fault for "talking sence into me"(yea) We're getting all the bad weather here man O man, theres no words for how I feel right now!

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Sounds like my luck. Who knows, Maybe the good Lord was keeping you home for a reason.

3. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    You know to me it looks like the weatherman has the best job in the world.I mean what other job can you have and make that many screw-ups and still get to keep your job and probably even get a raise! The first thing they tell you is what the weather was today. I WAS THERE I ALREADY KNOW WHAT IT WAS! Then they tell you what is doing right now. AGAIN I KNOW WHAT THE WEATHER IS NOW! Then they go to commercial so they can ask everyone what they think or maybe flip a coin. You know 50-50 chance ain't bad. Anyway I'm thinking about taking some night classes and become on of them thar Meteroligist guys.

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just got off the phone with Bill in SC.... Clear skies!

Last night, they got a 27, 45 and 50lb blue... anyone have the recipe for prozac???:sad2:
    I'm glad for you all that your weather man flunked outta high school though:wink:
    CAN'T WAIT to see the pics!

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    don't feel too bad dr.pepper, I'm supposed to be down there at santee having a blast too. The Roundhill called me yesterday and gave me hell, lol.

6. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Bill just called and told me about all fish they were catching....Him and bigbird were headed out on an allnight flathead hunt....i can't wait till everyone gets back to hear some good fishtales....i just hope they do it again next year, i will make sure I'm able to make it.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    The weather isn't bad but the price of gas has went from $3.40 to as much as $5.69 in places here in South Carolina. On top of that we're have a shortage and many stores around here are out of everything but the 93 Octane.

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :crazy:WOW!!! $5.69 thats crazy!!! I heard that was going to happen...

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Are you saying that your a fair weather fisherman? :smile2:

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well... I pictured lightning bolts and nonstop rain... some rain is ok,, lightning is never okay! (I'll spare my stories 'bout lightning bolt and pneumonia! lol!)

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    There is at least a 30% chance of rasin here everyday from April-September so dont let that scare you. You are welcome to come down anytime.:wink:

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Are you saying that your a fair weather fisherman? :smile2:>
    We talked about ol' drpepper all weekend long, and that question came up a few times! :) Can't blame him though for not taking an expensive gamble to come. There will be other opportunities for him to come as my invite is ALWAYS open to BOC friends to come.
    Bill in SC