Gonna Move.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, Jul 13, 2009.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Entertainin the thought of movein. Back to my roots. Trailer Trash. LOL! Theres a real nice mobile home park further down in south Joisy that has been there for quite sometime and is real nice. Alot closer to the river,tons of woods,lots of creeks and all kind of critters. LOL! The Mrs. and I did a major recon on it yesterday. Well kept lots and lots of old farts. LOL! Its got a place to store your boat, a community center with a cement pond. Got two of my sons that I could get into a biddin war over my place. LOL! Get enough out of this joint to pay off a couple of bills and buy a brand new "DOUBLE WIDE" LOL! I think its time. Got a few more years to work and the Mrs. and I both make dam good money. We could have us some major pocket change. LOL! Gotta make some phone calls this week and crunch some numbers. I'm kinda hopein that we can get this ball rollin and be outa here as soon as is feasable. Its far enough south that nobody wants to live down there because of the ride. Theres nothin down there. LOL! Its a ride to the grocery store and the Walmart. LOL! Just about got the Mrs. sold on the idea. LOL! Ain't takein much outa here. The livein room,(especially my recliner), my bait tank and my bait freezer and some stuff from the basement. The boys can fight over whats left or get a dumpster. LOL! I'll try to get some pics and keep ya posted. :cool2:

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Go for it Spanky. Happy for ya George, get out in the "country" where real people live, although I find that hard to believe in your neck of the woods.

Keep us informed George. Haven't seen ya write so many words in one post since I been on here. Maybe you will get erudite and start wearing a tie and smoking Seegars as you skirt that trailer. What color trailer ya gonna get George? LOL.

John.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009

3. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sounds like you got a plan George. Go for it and good luck.:006:

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I would finish those couple years of work and give the realestate market time to get better.
    Then do like the rest of the yanks.

Sell their crack in the wall for a fortune and move south and build a mansion with the proceeds.

You probally pay in property tax every year what I pay in a mortgage.:wink:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Way to go BG! Sounds like a great deal:wink:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sounds like a good plan George! :big_smile: I wish you and the Mrs. luck if you decide to pull it off! :cool2:

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    tear rolls down my cheek....

Sounds like a little slice of heaven, you will love the privacy.. :wink:

I am so far back in the woods most people think I am lost when they first come back here... :smile2:

LOL! Sad part about waiting for property prices to improve, is that your's will go up after you move out. All those dressed out deers and catfish heads on the fence will be gone from the neighborhood.. :crazy:

They dont call you the, "Chuck Norris of the catfish world for nothing".. :smile2:

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    BG,
    Life is uncertain at the best of times. If you have the notion and a plan then go for it...W

9. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey George, what are the chances of getting you to move down here in Cajun land? You have the potential of becoming a great Coon-A## lol. No catfish in the marsh would be safe lol. And did I mention all that Cajun food and no snow lol.

10. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    Sounds like a plan, George. Like Winston said, if you have a dream and even a shadow of a plan, sometimes you just gotta go for it now.

Of course....remember that a bunch of old farts today will turn into a bunch of young punks tomorrow when the geezers die off or move to homes.:roll_eyes: You may want to rent Gran Torino....lots of good tips in there on how to handle it.:smile2:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    BG you and the wife have worked hard all of your life and deserve the right to follow your dreams. If the two of you agree on this next move, by all means, go for it. Life is short. Live it to the fullness brother.

12. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Got to be a move in the right direction. :wink:

Good luck with everything!

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Think of it as "campin'":cool2:

14. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    You had me scared George, we put the entire Missouri border patrol on pervert alert. I think south Joisy sounds like a wonderful place.

15. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    George Let me tell you something. I just retired and as long as the wife is happy and you are happey , make tracks man. You sound like me trading places to get to the slower moving side of the street and away from the rat race.

16. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    sounds like a good plan, just watch out for the jersey devil if your near the pines :eek:oooh:

17. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I am thinking more on the lines of a reverse mortgage so I can spend the house so the kids don't have to fight over it. :smile2: