Gonna go tomorrow...finally

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Dec 1, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Pearl finally got back into town, so we are going to go after them tomorrow evening. :big_smile:

It's the farewell tour for "New Yeller" (i.e. the catfish safari rod that Nessie brought back from his first meeting). :sad2: We already had an "old yeller" which I'm certain was a great lakes trolling rod at some point in case you were wondering about the name.

Now Ratman, as for breaking it in.........well, I have a fish story for you where 'new yeller' played a very prominent role. Make no mistake, some other folks were able to take advantage of the high water this summer. :wink: Can it be topped??? Doubtful....... :smile2::smile2::smile2:

2. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    So where's the story? What happened?:confused2:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Come on now don't leave us hanging like that. Tell us this story about the new Ole Yeller!!

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    There is NO STORY!! Believe me, if there was, Greg would have allerted the the media! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Greg, where you putting in at? Stitch and I are headed out tomorrow as well! :big_smile::big_smile:

5. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    The story will come. I've been waiting for a nice 'dead' period when we can all sit back and reflect on our best trips -- something to pass the time. However, I think it deserves it's own thread.

I'll start it.

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Alright.....Stitch and I will be at Columbia Bottoms in the morning and fishing most if not all day. If anyone makes it out, give us a holler!

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    let us know how you did.:wink:

8. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I am curious as well. River has been stable for a while ( I believe ) and I'm really curious as to what it's like out there. I hope ya'll wore 'em out.

9. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Well, I can give anyone who wants them the coordinates of 6 locations where they can expect to not catch fish on goldeye at night.

This winter time deal is a whole new ball game. Water temp was 42 degrees and I didn't mark but a handful of arches all night. I checked water 15 to 60 feet around 6 or 7 wing dikes as well as a plethora of other places. I couldn't find squat.

I did talk to a commercial fisherman again who, yet again, nailed another 85lb kitty in one of those nets. He said he only keeps the spoonbills, throws the rest back......

I hope that's the case.

It wasn't all that cold, really. The clock is ticking on the yeller fairwell tour. I got to get one more bend in her.

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Greg I made a post in regards to keeping the rod since it now has some sentimental value. Dont know if you got it or not. Let me know if you really dont want to part with it. :wink:

11. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Cuz,

Thanks. Make no mistake, we love the rod...but we can certainly play by the rules. Nessie will have rod in hand at the banquet and ya'll can hash it out there.

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Greg are you going to be at the banquet? I mean how much is a lucky rod worth? We could always have one of those auction type deals to raise some money. I know that my lucky rod would cost someone a pretty penny.:smile2:

13. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Greg isn't officially a member of Gateway Cats (and I don't think he would be able to garner enough votes to get in:smile2:) so I told him he wasn't welcome at the banquet:wink:. Actually, I told him I thought he would be welcome at the banquet as long as he pitches in for the banquet cost or something like that.

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Greg as far as I'm concerned, you have contributed to the good will of the club this entire year and you are certainly more than welcome to attend and join in on the fun. You are not expected to toss in anything for the banquet, unless you care to bring a dessert or something of that nature.

As for the rod, If it truly does have 'mystical powers', then just ship it to my house :smile2::wink: In all seriousness, bring a donation of your choice so that we can buy a Cabelas Card for someone lucky participant, and the rod will be yours.

The Rods Are compliments of Steve Brown, with Catfish Safari Rods. In the event you might desire a rod of similiar lucky traits in the future, perhaps keep Steve in mind if you would like another one.

So, in a nutshell, bring the rod for anyone to look at, but if it truly means alot you shall go home with it. :wink:

15. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Sounds like a pretty good incintive to become an official member