Gonna be A little chilly Saturday...lol

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Dec 31, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I am headed out Saturday, simply because I can't accept the results of last weekends trip, especially when it has been so long since I have been at it..I think the high will be around 23...But I know these Blue's have to turn on eventually and I want to be there when it happens. Thinking of launching in New Richmond..If anyone else is headed out, bundle up and be careful...River is looking perfect holding steady right at 31ft over the weekend..:roll_eyes:...If anyone else is headed out hopefully I will se ya out there, although I know most guys will be going out of Tanner's..That is of course if anyone else is as crazy as me and wants to freeze to death...LMAO:big_smile:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This week is like the one week a year i'm off work so I might just be out there. I was trying to decide between Sat and Sun. I really need to get a propane heater first.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yea a heater would make things bearable...I have that enclosure now so thats gonna be a plus...I am just praying the wind isnt howling. They are saying alot of wind tommorow, one station saying wind on Sat, and one is not. Like they know anyway...Oh well, I am crazy to think God would let me fish without wind anyway, he seems to have a sense of humor when I am on the water...

4. mr.seaark77

mr.seaark77 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i take a propane heater every time i go out in the winter its the best money i ever spent i know what you mean about the wind seems its bad every time i go out

5. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    I hope this won't be another one of those frustrating trips for you !! The fish probably fed up pretty good during the high water we just had ! Just think of it like this.....out here drowning bait and happy or home thinkin about drowning bait !!! Keep that in mind when your tossing that frozen rope back into the water...lol. Think I'm gonna stay by the fire this weekend. Good luck man !

6. bullcat

bullcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    Usually New Richmond ramp muddied over after high water ,but prob be frozen solid by saturday ,Give us a report.

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats a good point man, my 4x4 went out to, so i dont know where to go...I really dont want to go to Tanner's. Downtown Cincy is like my back yard and I havent got to fish it in months...We'll see I guess, I think the public Landing may be an option as well.

8. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Trav give me the report buddy

9. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    yup its supposed to be windy saturday .winds 15mph from the north west doesn't sound fun to me and sundays not going to be any better:sad2:. think i'm going to stay home and warm

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well they said windy today and it wasnt bad, not gonna be enough to keep me home..

11. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Had to go back to my football playing buddies who got their brains beat in with me, to the point of having no common sense, to get a buddy to fish tomorrow, but I will be out bearing the elements. Maybe I will get lucky or rewarded for my stupidity :smile2:

12. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    well the reports for the wind vary from12 to 30mph out of the west by northwest , so probably be fine from auroa to north bend area and the downtown cincy area. i wouldn't even try from new richmond as whatever wind we end up getting is going to be blowing right up the river in that area

13. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Already told Curtis this, you boys are crazy. :smile2: But I'm only saying that because I have to work tomorrow and won't be able to make it out.

Sounds like you two are going to be fishing two different stretches of water, should be interesting. I hope you guys get on some fish!

14. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I hope you guys got out but if you did, you got bigger stones then I do, Windchill here in Dayton was single digits all day and the wind did nothing but get harder all day....:crazy: I am looking for a good report though!!

Salmonid

15. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    man 23 ill be wearing shorts...our high is -12 today:eek:oooh::crazy::eek:oooh:

16. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    weather wasn't bad but the fishing was , caught nothing . out of the last 4 trips i've caught one fish , so i think i'm going to take a break until i've forgotten that i'm frustated with fishing:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

17. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I just got home, took a skunking again, was pretty chilly out....not completely unbearable...but my trolling motor froze up, the anchor rope kept freezing and the outboards pee hole froze up once so i had to clean it out. Other than that and not catching anything it wasnt too bad, except for dealing with disgruntled duck hunters....I guess they think its their private river during the winter....sorry some fisherman are crazy and still fish in January :smile2:

18. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Oh man...I yelled at some duck hunters this year for drifting over my lines. Sorry about the skunk. I definitely would have come with ya today if I hadn't had the funeral to go to. My girlfriends uncle passed away friday morning and she was already pissed at me for fishing too much. Keep me in mind though, if you ever need company I am usually game when my relatives aren't dying. I am wondering though; did you get any bites? were the fish just not active?

19. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

Marked tons of fish, which i have the last couple times....but no bites, maybe one nibble at most. Pretty disappointing.

20. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    If you marked tons of fish you did a lot better than me. Put in at eight in Ripley ,fished till almost five and marked a few . Had one run ,two bites and a lot of wind. We went from the Marina just east of Ripley to two miles above the hot water discharge, thats a lot of traveling to come back empty. The ramp in Ripley is packed full of logs in case any one was wondering.