Gone Fishing - Wish me luck!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Swampy, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I'm heading to the river in a bit,hope they are biting.

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    good lucck swampy . i hope you get your string stretched.

3. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hope the fish are biting and the gators are not :D Oh, I guess you are a little bit north for that.

4. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  5. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Any luck today? Im about to go out to a local pond and fish for the night. Its suppose to get down into the 30's tonight though, so im going to wear alot of layers and hope that the cats are somewhat active tonight. I have been the past two evenings and only caught a turtle. So far shrimp, hotdogs, freshcut arent working, so im going with some bee-jay channel cat stink bait tonight and see what happens.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :thumbsup:
    Good Luck to you Josh - let us all know how you did. :cross:

Hey Tony, How did you do? :confused:

Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

7. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    good luck to both of you. hope you land many fishes.

8. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Good luck guys, wish I was able to go right now......:crying:

9. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Well I fished for about 3 hours, and didnt really get any hits. I noticed a small rod jerking about 1 hour into it and pulled up the rod, and it had a small yellow belly on it. I guess its just too cold for the cats right now to be very active. Im going to give it a couple more weeks until it warms up more before I go back out.

10. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Well the fish were not biting so well got a few small ones. As far as the gators go,I have no fear of them. I live in the heart of GATOR COUNTRY!,I've always thought of them as Swamp pets. I have been known to catch them by hand & have even put them in the boat before while fishing. I put one about 4 foot long in the boat with us one afternoon and after that trip my fishing buddy would no longer go fishing with me.LOL

11. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Oh I forgot to tell you that was a 10 foot john boat we were in that day.LOL

12. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    The water was low on the river I think that's way they were not hitting so well here. Have you tried Chicken livers in that pond? If not give them a try lots of times C.cats will hit them when they won't hit anything else. Good luck brother hope they wake up for you soon.

13. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    hey swampy guess thats a good way to get rid of a fishing partner.:)

14. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    Good Luck i wish i was going:0a32: :0a23:

15. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know one thing, I am not going fishing with you and your gator.

16. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm with you Doyle. Aint no way I'm gettin in a boat with a gator!!!

17. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    It works rather well. :)

18. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    LOL!! I wasn't sure if you had them much up around the Gainesville area.Yea,you kind of get used to them.Back in the 80s I lived on the west end of West Palm Beach right on the northern edge of the Loxahatchee Glades.I had a canal at the edge of my backyard and seen them everyday.One of the funniest things I remember was a couple buddies of mine from Missouri came down and spent a week with me.I used to drink very heavy back in those days.Their first night down I took them to the Silver Spur Saloon about 2 miles up the road for a little reunion celebration.Six hours later and 20 pitchers of beer chasing fireball shots I knew better than to drive home so we left my old camero in the parking lot and decided to walk home.Like I said it was 2 miles there in a straight line but not being able to walk straight at 3am it was about 5 miles of weaving side to side.About half way home we had to stop for a rest at a bridge over a canel.Like the country Hillbillys we are we climbed down under the bridge and laid down by the bank like we would on a creekbank back home.Laying there shooting the breeze without a care in the world suddenly a large gator about 3feet from us snapped them jaws and made a big splash,(we seen it in the moonlight when it happened)Instantly sober I would have sworn we all jumped 10 feet straight up onto the bridge(none of us remember climbing back up there) and ran a perfectly straight line all the way to my house without ever looking back.After years of us drinking together one of them swore off drinking that night and has been sober since.He went back home, went back to college and is now a football coach.He still talks about the night he was almost eaten by a gator that changed his life. LOL!!!