Gone fishin':

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Jul 15, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Howdy folks! I've been off on an adventure for the past few days, and man I have some catching up to do!

I do have a "funny" story to tell, but it's late, and I'm beat. I'll post it tomorrow.

For now, these pics from the Missouri River will have to suffice. Hope y'all enjoy them. I had a heck of a time. Always an adventure on the river.

Attached Files:

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ive seen sunrizes and sunsets wheres the fish.

3. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    LOL! They are in All Catfishing where they belong.:smile2:Didn't photograph them all, but there's a good sample of what we were catching.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those pictures are awesome.I'm presuming you were also camping? That sunrise,what a great way to start the day! The SunSet,well it's just beautiful. Made me feel like I am alive!! Almost gave me goosebumps!! The outdoors even with all the skeeters and chiggars and so forth,it's just so refreshing to me to be in our Great Outdoors!!:cool2::cool2::cool2:~~~~~~Sister Pat

5. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Pat, yes we were camping. Those skeeters were as big as sparrows down there! Thank god for bug spray. Only got bit twice. :tounge_out: Saw some HUGE bucks too. They were everywhere, but I didn't have my camera ready when I saw them.

6. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    OK, so here's the story. We hit the river Saturday morning 5:30am after 2 days of fishing, and baking in the sun. Suffice it to say that our brains were not functioning to their full potential. The night before, when we returned to the boat ramp, the boat started cutting out, so we switched fuel tanks (thinking the second tank was full), and tied it up for the night. We just got up and headed downstream to check some lines not giving the fuel situation a second thought. We ran our lines and head back up stream, and you guessed it...boat died. We were out of gas, and floating back downstream at a rapid pace.:eek:oooh: At first panic set in. Then we crippled the boat to the bank using the trolling motor, and pulled the boat upstream by hand on a rock rivetment that was about a 45 degree angle. It took 2 hours to get 1 mile upstream to the ramp. Had to cross the Chariton river with the trolling motor. I didn't think we could do it, but we did somehow. Now I'm in pain. My whole body hurts. Definantly a learning experience. Worst case scenario would have been a 14 mile float trip to Glasgow, and call someone to bring us some fuel, but we made it, and I'm possitive we won't repeat that mistake.:embarassed:

7. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    What a trip.sounds like you got good a walk in.I hate when that happens. It hard to padle up stream.I had to do that before NOT FUN.
    The main thing you got out and had some fun. thanks for sharing.:smile2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt thanks for sharing your fishing trip. I go fishing to relax. It sounds like you chose to exercise. Glad you made it home safe and all is well. A little bad luck is just a part of it.:big_smile:

9. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I'll bet you didn't forget the beverages.:smile2: