Golight by rayman is it any good or junk

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by GawnFishin, Jul 23, 2009.

1. GawnFishin

GawnFishin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I was wondering if anyone has heard of the golight or the gobee light they sell them at cabelas the reviews seem good but wanna talk with someone that actually has one

2. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Don't have the gobee model, but the stryker model has been flawless. Rotates w/o binding, turns off/on when needed. It's getting where I have more remotes on the boat than at the house.:smile2:

3. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I dont know about using them on a boat but over here in Iraq we use them on our wreckers when we do recoveries and they are awesome. I have seen where they are listed for a boat and have been thinking about getting one for my boat. As far as quality and user friendly, golights are great.

4. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have the Golite Stryker, (5 years old now) and it have been flawless. I have had it on 2 boats now and both I had to rewire to get the light to work propperly. The boat that is! I would be lost without it! Well worth the money.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Did a google an it seems to be rated fairly high.

6. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I guess I will be the first one to say that I did not care for the GoLight.
    We used several different brands here in Iraq on our 1151's and MRAP's and they were not bright enough for me. I prefer a light that will SHINE!! These were good out to about 100yrds, to me that translates to about 65-75 if it was on the front of a boat (closer to the ground/water) Plus they are too explensive for what they really are.
    I want to find a good spotlight that has a RAM mount. That would be perfect IMO.

7. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    I have the remote control operated go light and love it. It works great on the those dark nights on the river or lake. The is light is not over powering but not too weak. The remote control is easy to use when on the move. I have used this light for the last 4 years and have no problems with it at all. Before I got this light I used docking lights/fog lights and spot lights. The docking lights/fog lights are not adjustable and the spot lights would shut off once they got hot (usually about 15 minutes). So I bought the Go-Light and will not use anything else.