Golf tips

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by onlyone, May 2, 2006.

1. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I had a post on here a while back about golf clubs. Well I got a set and now I need to know how to use them. I dont want to learn wrong. My uncle said to keep my writsts straight as possible. how important is that? How much of a benefiit would it be to join a country club? My cousin belongs to one and he said he likes it--nice course and all. Anyone else? Tips for a newbie?

2. captain5214

captain5214 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    take lessons and go to a driving range a bunch of times before you get out on the course. good luck.......i threw my clubs out a few years ago. could never get better than a boggie player.

3. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    For the price of a set of middle of the road golf clubs you could get a really nice cat fishing rod and real, besides you really got to know how to fix them golfs to make the eatable.
    ask Jed and Jethro

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Country clubs are ok but expensive. You don't want to keep your wrists straight. Elbows yes wrists no. On the drive stand with your feet at shoulder width with your left shoulder a little higher than the right. Keeping your elbows the same distance apart through the entire swing and your left forearm stiff you rotate the club back while opening the clubface so that when the club is behind you (1/2 way) it points to the sky. The hardest thing to do is to swing in rhythm and let the club do it's job. When you swing through the ball make sure to rotate your hips and roll your hands at impact and end facing your target with the club high. If you consistently hit right or if the ball starts left but arcs right it is called a fade and means your hands are getting in front of your body and most likely you are swinging way too hard. If left it means you are rolling your hands too quickly. After working at it for 3 years and spending a fortune and getting frustrated get back to me. It's a great game!

5. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    There not long enough to make good canepoles so maybe you can tie 'em on the end of your juglines to weigh 'em down, lol. :lol: :big_smile:

6. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I was going to learn to golf, had done it for years but never got serious so I bought me a darn good set of clubs, graphite shafts, weighted for my swing all kinds of extras. I tried and never progressed a bit so they sit in the garage and I hope someone steals them. Got so expensive that it wasn't worth it and I was mad all day afterwards. I've always been good at sports and I just felt that I should naturally be good at golf. Doesn't work that way or at least not for me. If you enjoy the game, have fun but if you find your doing it for reasons that you can't explain, fish more.lol

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well since you asked I will give you a lesson on the best way to use your gold clubs:

#1.) Take out both your 5 Iron & 3 Iron. Line up as your going to hit the ball w/ each. Each of them should be about the same length. Make sure they feel good to you. Okay now, put the head of the 5 iron on the ground at a slight angle, holding the grio with one hand. Now do the same with the 3 iron, but crossing over the 5 Iron, making an "X" design. Make sure there is aproz 5-7 inches of grip on each club shoing above the "X". Then take out your welder (or take them to a welder) & weld the 5 Iron & 3 Iron together. Now take out your 7 Iron. Place the 7 Iron just under the "X" section of the other two clubs. Now get some Gorilla Glue or liquid nails & combine the 7 Iron to the area where the other two clubs are welded at. PRESTO! You now have a fishing rold holder! This sovles the problem of 3 of your clubs. Repeat this process as many times are you like.

Below is a rough diagram of what your finished product should look like.

\ /
    \ /
    / | \
    / | \
    / | \
    -- - --

Lay your rods in the gap or the "V" section, engage your bait clicker & sit back & wait for the cats to bite!

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow, sorry guys the diagram looked much different when I 1st created the post. It even looks correct in the "advacned" tab.

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Sell the clubs and buy a nice fishing rod!!!!! Thats what I did!!!

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here ya go...... the visual image!

11. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Never,Never ask friends or family for help with you golf. Everyone will tell how they do it and that is not what you want, you want to find a golf instructor who will take what you are comfortable with and fine tune it so you can play your best and enjoy the game.

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    only one,

Do you have a community college around? If so, they usually offer intro courses.

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think Mellon should give up fishing and take up golf!

14. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Go take lessons. If you take lessons and play enough, then you'll be light years ahead of asking around on the internet. We can't tell you how to swing or fix things in your swing if you aren't familiar with the game.

Golf is a fun sport, and you can play until you're old. I come from a family of golfers, and my grandad played nearly until he died. If you get pretty decent and enjoy it, then by all means play all you can. If you suck at it and want to trash your equipment everytime, then sell 'em and buy more fishing rods.

Jerrod

15. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I always stood to close to the ball after I hit it. lol

16. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    The only thing I can see golf clubs are good for is, when you roll the window down in the truck you can use them to whack cats as you drive by!

17. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    WHat do the numbers on the golf balls mean? I saw some that said 0,1,2,3,4.