Golf course ponds

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by DADJBW, Oct 9, 2007.

1. DADJBW

DADJBW New Member

State:
    texas
    I wanted to see what everyone thinks about fishing golf course ponds? Who has tried it? What kinds,if any, fish do they hold? what size? Are they easy to fish or do you have to sneak in? Also, which ones have you tried? I have been interested in this for awhile and thought i would see what y'all think.

2. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    All I can tell you is not to eat the fish. All the chemicals that they put on the grass ends up in the ponds.

3. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Brother I am out of shape...Running is not my specialty!

4. 2MNYKATSNOTENOUFTIME

2MNYKATSNOTENOUFTIME New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    For what it’s worth…Here in Kentucky we can get some decent sized channel cats out of the bigger ponds. I’d say they go 7-12#. You can also usually get panfish (gills, etc.) out of them. Bill's right though you'll have to let them go, the chemicals in those ponds are bad news.
    If I was you, I'd check with the course first though. Some of them don't like the idea of people fishin their ponds. If they say no and you are still bent on it, buy some good runnin shoes:wink:

5. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i already started a thread like this somewhere, but i love fishing golf course ponds, but im 13 and have a 5.0 40 and sometimes they come after you with golf carts!!!! i tell ya its fun to run, but when you get caught it aint so funny, but ive caught some monster bass on golf course ponds, my biggest on a golfcourse pond was 5.45 pounds, and some 8+ catfish easy, but dont eat them, bad bad stuff. i usually fish with a plastic worm on my bass pole (carolina or texas rigged, depending on depth and water plants) and have a bluegill 2 feet under bobber (or other natural bait fish) and a bluegill or other baitfish in the pond on the bottom

6. DADJBW

DADJBW New Member

State:
    texas
    so do they keep workers on the course all night?

7. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    DADJBW:
    Brother when I get out of work at 10pmand want to go for a drive I head east on the 820 towards the hooters and there is a golf coarse right before Rufe snow I think. I have seen these dudes in the karts at night driving around.
    But you will see them even more right after the rain.

8. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    fooooooooouuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
    watch for those white bats