goldfish

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by catfish2006, Apr 6, 2008.

1. catfish2006

catfish2006 New Member

State:
    Saint Ann, Miss
    Does anyone now how to cape goldfish alive on a 3 hours car trip. Because i what to used them and the own place i can find them is here in st.louis and i have about a 3 hour trip the were i fish and i can not find them were i fish.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    try to get the dealer to bag them and put them in a cooler with a lil' ice in it. When ya get there, replace the ice with the water your going to fish and let them acclament. Otherwise if there is much of a temp. difference, you'll shock and possible loose them. Any by the way, welcome to the BOC.

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    combined question for you. which type of goldfish are you talking about? the ones you get from pet store, (2) miniture coi type?
    either one isn't hard and just about the same. i use to live in ca and drove to colorado river (4-5 hrs) in heat.
    1. bag them with 02 shot into bag. ice chest with some blue ice and they did well.
    2. 5gl bucket and put fish in with a battery airiator (spl). add ice cubes as you go if hot.
    but, if they put in bag and fill with tank of oxygen, they should last for 3-4 hrs if you keep cool. just when you get there, set the whole bag in local water for 20 minutes or so, so they get used to warming up and don't go into shock.
    i very seldom lost any on trip. now i live in az and it's hot. just change water and use portable aquarium pump.
    gary

4. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
  5. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc good tips in boc lib:smile2:

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC! To keep any bait alive for three hours is pretty tough unless you have a fancy baittank. I would say put them in a cooler of water from the bait shop. Go to Walmart and buy a cheap battery operated aireator and they should be ok.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC! Lots of good advice so far!

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Chris.

9. katcaller

katcaller New Member

State:
    in
    When I buy mine from the fish farm they put them in doubled plastic bags and fill them with oxygen before sealing them. I have kept them in there for up to 18 hours with no loss. The guys told me that the bags were good for 72 hours.

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the boc I would say use a bucket or something and get you a aireator and keep in it