Goldfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by 48Mack, May 9, 2007.

1. 48Mack

48Mack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have read a few post about using goldfish, are they a legal bait in Georgia?
    If so I know you can get them at Walmart but they are not cheap, where are y'all getting them ?

Thanks,

David

2. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    I glanced at the fishing regulations on the Georgia DNR site and I didn't see anything that says you can't use them, but I would contact your local game warden to be sure. Here in Ohio they sell them at a lot of the bait shops for $1 to $2 each they are usually between three and four inches long.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    welcome to the boc.go to google or yahoo type in fish farms they raise fish for sale.most of them have dif.sizes so you can pick what size you want.you may haft.to check out more than one to find goldfish.

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i know they are illigal in al but im not sure about ga

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I am pretty sure they are legal around here in Ga. cause some bait shops sell them but they ain't cheap I saw them at $13.00 a pound I think it was this past weekend welcome to the BOC David

6. sharkn1979

sharkn1979 New Member

State:
    georgia
    goldfish at walmart are illegal they are not sterile but you can get them at some bait store that are sterile there is very little differance in them just that the scales are a little different

7. 48Mack

48Mack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well I did a google search and did not find anything close to me and I took Friday afternoon and hit just about every bait shop I could find near West Point. Almost nobody has even heard of using them for bait.

I guess I will stick with brim and shad, they are free!

Thanks for the help.

David

8. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I asked this question last year to some people over at the DNR. From what I gather, goldfish are a illegal bait. The problem is that they are in about every baitshop now and they are called "gold shiners".