Goldfish topic?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Fishermancat1, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    Can goldfish survive well during the day compared to at night. Going fishing later this evening. Set up about 5:30 till night. If i temper the golfish right, will they be still alive during that hot portion of the day? :misdoubt:

2. turbinemanic

turbinemanic New Member

State:
    Arma Kansas
    one thing I do is put a little ice in the water to keep it cool this always helped me keep them alive.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'd keep them in the shade with a portable aerator going.Also every little bit I'd add some cool water to it or add a little bit of ice every little bit.I've usually had good luck with keeping them alive this way.

4. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    I mean staying alive in the hot lake water i mean. :waaaht:

5. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    goldfish are pretty hardy fish, they can take temps higher than alot of other bait fish. i wouldnt cool the water off with ice becauseif the lake water is more than 5 or 6 degrees warmer than what they come out of if will shock them and they will die pretty quick.

6. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yep keeping the water cool in the bait bucket will keep the goldfish alive but with any fish with maybe the exception of bullheads, if they go from cold to hot it will kill them. Its a fine line between keeping them alive in the bait bucket and keeping them alive on the end of your line. Keep experimenting and good luck!

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If your worried about if they will live or not.. I would just get you a small Rod and Reel and catch you some gills while you are there and not worry about the goldfish.... I personally dont like goldfish.. never have produced for me..

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would much rather worry about fishing then trying to keep my bait alive. I understand the heat is an issue, but i find that the baitfish in the waters your fishing 98% of the time works to perfection if the fish are biting.. But i will take Creek Chubs over Goldfish any day...

9. jruckman41

jruckman41 New Member

State:
    west virginia
    Goldfish Are Very Hard To Kill They Will Live Along Time Without Air.