Goldfish report: little miami river (ohio)

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Ravensmavsfan, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    This morning was the first time that i used goldfish in a main river and i managed to almost catch either a 9-12 pound bass or flathead, or something. I pulled up and it rose to the surface and gave one big splash and jerked off the hook. But i did have some success, fishing from 7:30 to 10:00 i got a whopping 3 pound bull head. Or maybe it was a baby flathead, caught on a 3 inch goldfish. This thread is just to let people know, who ussualy don't fish with goldfish, that there worth a try. :big_smile:

2. live22skate

live22skate New Member

State:
    Arizona
    goldfish are a good bait, i catch big bass and flatheads all the time....but i do not think they are as good as live bluegill.:big_smile:

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hopefully you will land the fish next time brother. Good luck, goldfish are great bait!

4. ko1featherweigh

ko1featherweigh New Member

State:
    newark,cal
    i work at the petstore and i take the dead large goldfish feeders caught a few channel cats
    if you go in to the petstore you mabe able to ask for the dead ones in the tanks

5. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    man i love using goldfish in the 6-10" range,they last a very long time on the hook and are as lively as can be,ive used the same gold fish on 2 trips once and could have probably used it a 3rd time if it wasnt eatin by a cat ;)

6. flatheadmaniac

flatheadmaniac New Member

State:
    Missouri
    goldfish are good baits i like them.