Goldfish food

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by TeamWhiskers, Apr 5, 2007.

1. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone ever try to make their own gold fish food or pellets to feed them?

2. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have been in the fish keeping hobby for decades and have never heard of anyone making their own food for fish like goldfish. You can feed them the cheap generic food and they should do just fine. If you are going to be feeding a large number of fish you might consider ordering from one of the online (discount) pet suppy websites. Send me a PM if you want a link to a site I have used with good results.

3. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am playing around with goldfish, sunfish and shad. The koi food at walmart works rather well. Several years ago, we came up with what we thought would be a good doe ball as it was too sweet for catfish. BUt it did stimulate the shad to start feeding breaking it down into smaller pellets. Once the shad start feeding and moving around, the catfish seemed to start biting. I noticed this behavior in my ponds with the various species of those fish that occured. So I am doing some research on my own to not only juice the growth rate of them for bait, but how other fish react to certain species when they are in a feeding frenzy.