Golden eye or google eye

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by roughneckcatman, Jul 27, 2006.

1. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Where in the river do you catch these google eye or golden. I was told you catch them in the mouths of small rivers and creeks coming into the Missouri river. Is this true?? I was also told to catch them on worms and minnows. Does either one of these work any better than the other?? Thanks in advance for help!!!!

2. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    When I caught them, I found where they were in schools surfacing, and casted a 1/2 ounce spoon to em. Caught right after the other, but that was in a lake in Kansas.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I think you mean mooneye's and goldeneye's...There kind of hard to tell apart though. Small crappie jigs work if you can find a spot where they are. Other then that I catch a few every year in my cast net.

4. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    You can catch them on spoons or crappie jigs,but I like to use crickets under a bobber.I catch more skippy's,mooneye, or gold eye with crickets then crappie jigs and spoons at this time of the year.

5. flatheadmaniac

flatheadmaniac New Member

State:
    Missouri
    well never caught or seen any in my life, sorry cant help ya out

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    try dangling a small hook with a piece of worm up next to some riprap.. Should catch all you need...

7. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    They look kind of like a bluegill with a big mouth and big eyes.I get mine with a castnet.....

8. ridgedog

ridgedog New Member

State:
    arkansas
    the google eyes, i've caught plenty of them at the bends of the river, around tree roots, bluff wall. i've just always used minnows. they are very good eating.

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    umm I think some of you are getting a little mixed up with your fish. Goggle eye aka rock bass... there not really in northern missouri got to go more south missouri/arkansas to get them.....

10. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    It was golden eye that i was looking for and thanks to all who replied. I have found a place where i have been catching them on nightcrawlers under a bobber and caught one on a jig as well. Thanks for all the replies.

11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i was going to say anywhere wood comes down and meets the water you should be able to find goldeye old docks ore tree sticking out of the water ect,ect use crickets