gold

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by head hunter, Dec 10, 2009.

1. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    anyone ever try gold panning ??? I got hooked a few years back. might suprize ya at what you can find in a small creek around here.

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Try coming to NC, or even Va, if you haven't already

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I've panned some here in SC, but only found dust. Wish I was closer to AZ. People are all the time finding nice nuggets AND meteorites in the desert out there.

Bil in SC

4. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I'D like to travel around and try some places . it's a fun way pass time when not fishing.

5. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I got hooked from watching the gold fever show. I've seem some episodes from az on there ,and , sometimes it looks as easy as just walking around to find some nuggets. Wish oh was that way. I have found some small pcs.,,and my share of dust . lol

6. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
  7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i thought about it,once. but i figured if i was as sucessful at that at catching big fish,i might as well save the gas....

8. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
  9. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Alway wanted to try it but never took the time to try. The TX and OK Panhandle area is not the best place to find gold with everything so dry.

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Never tried, but enjoy watching the Gold Fever show. Looks very interesting... rollo

11. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    i have a pan my dad brought home alaska if i could find it and had some guidence i may just have a look around some cricks here

12. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    MY 5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER LOVES TO GO WITH ME WHEN I GET THE URGE TO GO. WE'LL HAVE TO GET OUT SOME TIME ,,

I SHOULD SAY THAT ,,,THE STATE OF OHIO ,DOES FROWN ON PROSPECTING ON STATE LAND.

13. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    of course the state of ohio frowns upon it, what DON'T they frown upon that requires you to put time and effort into finding something valueable. hell, apparently if you find something on state land more than 100 years old it belongs to the state, i say screw that! :angry:

14. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    never panned but always wanted to give it a shot esp. since gold is over 11 hundred an oz. i have a metal detector and do some walkin with that but never just targeted gold. infact for x-mas i just bought my 7 yr old daughter a garret metal detector so she can tag along with me, its a great way ta get out and look around and many places i fish were old tow paths and have alot of history, if anything i can always find some sinkers:smile2:

15. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Really like those gold fever shows. I have a pan, my wife an I want to get some detectors do some traveling to different places just for somethin to do. Gold is where you find it! :wink: Just not around here :sad2:

16. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    My uncle had a claim, up in central CA, he woulda let me do it, but I didn't have time then. He is dead, I reckon the claim went back to whoever owns the land. There was some good gold there, he was told that if he could invest 1,000,000 bucks, he would pay it off and make a million in a year. It sounded good to me, I was young and willing to work. I figure it woulda been fun.

17. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I don't go as much as I'd like. Way too cold now to get in that water. I've got some equipment, but need a good sluice box. Next investment.:wink:

18. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Try around Talledaga

19. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    From what I've heard, there's not much gold in Tx or Ok.

20. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    What state are you in?