"Gold Prospecting"

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Bobpaul, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    This is how it's done these days by some. It all comes down to panning the consentrates for the gold dust or flour gold.

In some of these video's you'll see the Hookah system for diving that I'm setting up for metal detecting. It's the compressor unit that supplies air to the dredge operator.

Near Charlotte NC is the Reed gold mine, or was. A 13# nugget was found near there before the civil war.

The Uwarrie National Forest in NC has gold deposits left behind from prehistoric times when the earth was forming and the African continent split off from North America. Actually there's a gold belt that stretches from Va, NC, SC, Ga, and Al. AR got the diamond mine.

I've been invited to go up and get in on the gold dredging in the Uwarrie river in the spring. I just might get my diving rig on and go.

Here's howit's done.

http://www.golddredgervideo.com/menu.htm

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    BobPaul, I hope you come back with a mule train full...:cool2:

~~~~~~~~~~
    Always drink upstream from the herd.

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Aw man bob, you are living my dream. That sounds like so much fun. Way ta go buddy!

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I Hope You Strike it Rich My Friend !!
    J.D.:dribble:

5. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    When you strike it rich Bob, do not forget about us poor folks lol:big_smile: . Good luck to you.

6. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Scout, Scout who?:big_smile:

Jim, there's "Gold" in Tn, my friend, and you're not far from it.

7. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I tried panning up in the mountains where Nevada and California join, all I ever found was fools gold. Sure looks pretty though.

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bob, now you got my attention but the only gold I know of is on my finger and my teeth.LOL When you start diving please take a bunch of pictures of your outings. I use to watch the folks on TV dredging for gold and I could watch them all day.

9. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
  10. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Thanks Bob, I had no idea that there was gold anywhere around here. I know where Judy and I are going this summer. It is some mighty beautiful country up around Tellico and there is some great camping there also.

11. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    If your serious and do plan a trip, let me know when. There's a good chance I might meet up with you.

I've got a chance to get one of those little dredges. It's a 2", but Funds are running a little short, and comming up with a spare 500.00 is out of the question right now. If I got it, I'd drive to MO and pick it up, and of course stop by Chattanooga and take you for a ride:lol:

I made 5 cheese cakes yesterday for Christmas gifts for special friends. Sure wish you lived closer. Those things are out of this world. Your's will be in the freezer:roll_eyes: , so you better hurry to the beach.

12. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i have watched this on tv on the outdoor ch. it looks like alot of fun but hard work i hope you hit the mother load take care an be safe an keep us posted

13. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Hey Jim, this site should keep Judy out of trouble for a long time. You'll find all you need to know here.

http://www.goldsheetlinks.com/prospect.htm

There's plenty of gold in Ind. Do a search for "Gold in Indiana". You won't believe it.

14. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bob, we put that link on our favorites, there is more reading there than a person could do in a year. That is going to keep us both busy for a while. We need to get Bubba and all of us meet up this summer some were and give it a try.

Buddy, you are hittin below the belt now with that cheesecake. If any way possible we want to make a trip over your way this year. We will work all the details out as summer gets closer.

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

Jim that is one more reason we have the camper we have. To be able to get back in there and camp on the bank of the river HEHE
    WE were going there last year. but did not work out. That and drive back as far as we can on the Tellico river and fish also HEHE
    Theres also a place there at coker that has gold supply's . He is only open I think Thursday Through Sunday.
    Pete

16. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Pete, that would be one great camping trip on the banks of some babbling water, talk about sleeping good. We need to plan a trip up that way.

17. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    A good show about treasure hunting is on the travel channel. It's called Cash and Treasure. The were hunting meteorites last night and gems. Go to travel channel and click on cash and treasures. Some good information. Next show they hunting civil war relics. It comes on Tuesday nights.

18. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    That show is also on the travel channel on Sunday, late afternoon.

19. oran

oran Guest

Thanks for the links. Always been wondering about taking the kids. This gives me a start. Need to get 8 year old away from video games.

20. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Video games? I would think an 8# sledge hammer would work just fine:roll_eyes: