Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by stinkbaiters, Feb 2, 2007.
can any one explain to me the meaning or use of gold coins?
Coins are currently used to enter contests that specify a required number of coins to enter. And coins are used when being donated by one member to another.
Here is additional info on the coins.
You get gold coins as follows:
* For every post you make you get $1 Coin
* For every thread you start under the appropriate topic of a forum you get $2 Gold Coin
* If you refer a new member you get $10 Gold. (this may be adjusted in the future if the referred member does not log in or remain active after registering.)
* If you write an article that gets published in the featured article section you get $100 Gold coins.
* Gold coins may be donated to you by another member
* With the above said, you should also know that if a member bumps posts up just to earn coins, that post will be removed as will the coin gained for that post.
Also here are some reasons for donating coins. The reasons can range from someone wanting to help another member that is too short on coins for a contest get in the contest by donating coins to the member that is short. Or to help get a new member going more quickly.
Some members donate coins to others as a way of a thank you for an exceptionally good post or some deed that person may have done.
Another reason that you will see some members donate coins is for the benefit of the BOC/Sponsor relationships, meaning a member will offer some amount of coins to any other member that buys a specific sponsored product.
Hope this helps!
Tracy, to help you get going and welcome to BOC I just donated you 25 and sent you a Rep.
Just wanted to thank you for the coin donation. As a fairly new member, I have found that the fellow Boc members and staff are so helpful and welcoming that its easy to see why its called "Brotherhood".Thanks olefin for the donation and I appreciate the support and advice I Have recieved from this sight. Good Fishing To You.