Gold Coins

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gordhawk, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How do you earn the Gold Coins on here? I thought I heard somewhere that you received 1 Gold Coin for each post that you made,and 2 for starting a thread. If this is true,shouldn't you have at least as many Gold Coins as you do posts? I hope someone can clarify this for me. Also don't you get credit for every post that you make? Please,someone help me out!!
    Thanks,
    Glenn

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Glenn, hope this helps.
    You get gold coins as follows:

* For every post you make you get $1 Coin

* For every thread you start under the appropriate topic of a forum you get $2 Gold Coin

* If you refer a new member you get $10 Gold. (this may be adjusted in the future if the referred member does not log in or remain active after registering.)

* If you write an article that gets published in the featured article section you get $100 Gold coins.

* Gold coins may be donated to you by another member

* With the above said, you should also know that if a member bumps posts up just to earn coins, that post will be removed as will the coin gained for that post.

The number of coins would not generally be the same as the number of posts you have since many members, such as yourself, were members long before the Gold Coins came into existence on the BOC or other members may have donated coins and thus the count being different in that case as well. :smile2:

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Barb,
    Thanks for your explanation of the Gold Coin distribution. I thought that was the way it was done,but wasn't sure.
    Glenn

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for clearing that up. It was a question I had also. Other than giving them away, how are they used?

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    The coins can be used to enter certain contests that the BOC has

they can also be given away as reward to other members...

Any other uses?

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    OOPS! I didn't realize I had not added that part. :embarassed:

Coins are currently used to enter contests that specify a required number of coins to enter. And coins are used when being donated by one member to another.

Also here are some reasons for donating coins. The reasons can range from someone wanting to help another member that is too short on coins for a contest get in the contest by donating coins to the member that is short. Or to help get a new member going more quickly.

Some members donate coins to others as a way of a thank you for an exceptionally good post or some deed that person may have done.

Another reason that you will see some members donate coins is for the benefit of the BOC/Sponsor relationships, meaning a member will offer some amount of coins to any other member that buys a specific sponsored product.

Hope that helps.
    Barb