Gold coins - Silly question

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kscatman, Apr 1, 2007.

1. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    Guys, I have a question. What are these gold coins we have? And what do we do with them?

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Here is the current info on the coins, how to get them, and their uses.

You get gold coins as follows:

* For every post you make you get $1 Coin
    * For every thread you start under the appropriate topic of a forum you get $2 Gold Coin
    * If you refer a new member you get $10 Gold. (this may be adjusted in the future if the referred member does not log in or remain active after registering.)
    * If you write an article that gets published in the featured article section you get $100 Gold coins.
    * Gold coins may be donated to you by another member
    * With the above said, you should also know that if a member bumps posts up just to earn coins, that post will be removed as will the coin gained for that post.

Coins are currently used to enter contests that specify a required number of coins to enter. And coins are used when being donated by one member to another.

As for reasons for donating coins, the reasons can range from someone wanting to help another member that is too short on coins for a contest get in the contest by donating coins to the member that is short. Sometimes members will donate coins to a new member to help get a few coins more quickly.

Some members donate coins to others as a way of a thank you for an exceptionally good post or some deed that person may have done.

Another reason that you will see some members donate coins is for the benefit of the BOC/Sponsor relationships, meaning a member will offer some amount of coins to any other member that buys a specific sponsored product.

3. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    CATTLEDOGZ SAID IT ALL,THANKS MALADY!!

4. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    Thanks, now I get it. I've been seeing those accumulate for a long time now. and had no idea what they were.