Going up to Jordan lake tonight.

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by crusinman2002, May 25, 2006.

1. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    hey yall... i'm going up to jordan lake tonight... it all just kinda came together with a phone call from a friend. don't have much time to talk, got to go get my consumables before stuff starts to close. but i'm going to be at the peir at bells church. my poles have the walmart bells with glowsticks on them, which makes me stand out from the rest. maybe i'll see someone else up there. i'll get on here in the morning and let everyone know how i did... i'm trying to get the one that broke my hook last weekend.... lol

see yall l8er

2. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    ok... here is what we got... we fished all night... got a bunch of crappie, and a bunch of white cats, and a couple small blue cats. the biggest one we caught was an 8 lb white cat. we kept 3 cats 3 lbs, and 2 that were 5 lbs. i have pics up in a place on my site... if u wanna see just go to http://curseyournameracing.com/fishing ... all the pics from last night are in there, they open up in the same window, all you have to do is click on the pic link, they are big pictures so you have to move it around if it doesn't automatically resize... i will continue to post more pics as my fishing trips go on... the 8 pounder is the first pic, the one on the dock. all in all we did really good... i got a carp in the cast net and one of the guys wanted to "play" with it for a sec, which consisted of puttin it in the other guys face... pics of that on there too... we had alot of fun, it was a good night.
    :big_smile:

3. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Nice pics Kenneth. Thanks for posting. How is the early morning bite at Bells? Actually, I've never fished from the pier there.

4. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    make sure the crappie are within the new limits cause the wardens will check you eventually there. They may have been, hard to tell by the pictures but some looked a bit short. Hate to see them cost you a lot of money.

5. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    dick, the best time to get to the pier is about 11 at night... thats when most of the people are leaving and the fishing picks up... but of course, if you get there at 11, you have to get all your gear down to the pier, pick a spot, cast the net out a few times to get some shad, get your poles set up and cast out... by that time its nearly 11:30 to 12... depending on how much stuff you have to bring down and how many shad you can get in a couple of throws, that is if you are going to be using shad as bait. i've seen cats pulled out on shrimp, nightcrawler, chicken liver, and minnow as well.. but shad works the best there. the fishing will stay pretty constant till about 1:30am till 3:00am... that is a pretty slow time from what i've experianced.... than it picks back up till the sun comes up... as soon as the sun comes up the fishing pretty much stops and all the stripped bass start feeding near the pier.

greg, yeah, it does look like some are small, but there were all at least 10 inches, thats what they have posted up at the pier as the size limit. thanks for the heads up though... yeah... the wildlife officers are out there quite a bit checkin up on everything... they are always getting people without licenses, and people with fish that aren't legal size, or too many fish... its kinda sad how many people fish illegally up there, but they get their punishment as they deserve.

oh... and i forgot to say in my earlier post... we got back to the house, cleaned all the fish, set the meat in some tupperware containers soaking in some beer, threw them in the fridge... took a nap... and fried the fish for dinner... they were all really tasty... the catfish was really good... next time i go for keeps will prolly be this sat. night with some of my friends... and be cookin em up sunday night... if anyone wants to go enjoy the fun... i'll be out there sat night... i don't know what time yet... it all depends on everyone else. if u want to meet up there... just let me know

thanks

6. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    where are you fishing at? is that below the dam at jordon or somewhere else on the lake. me and freinds went there long time ago like 5 years ago and caught nice stripers on topwater early morning but not one cat at night.

7. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Thats a great reply, Ken. Thank you very much. I appreciate it. Sounds like a lot of fun. Don't know if I can make it up there this weekend or not. My mom, she is 94, is on her way to the hospital right now, courtisy of "911". I'll just have to wait and see what transpires in the next few days.

8. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    joe, i fish up by crosswinds marina... if take the road that the marina is on north over the bridge you will see bell's church, the access road is right after the rails for the bridge end on the right hand side just before the curch.

dick, sorry to hear that. its alright if you can't make it up this weekend... i'm going to be going up almost every weekend this summer... just let me know when you can make it, and we'll meet at the pier.

9. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    What ever you do don't underestimate Jordan...a couple of months ago i had something break 50lb. power pro up. We where fishing where the haw river flows into Jordan...not sure what it was but it was peeling line from the drag it was BIG!!!! It almost spooled me got down to my mono backer and made a hard run then it was gone didn't break my mono to braid connection but broke off at the three way connection...thats the last time i ever used mono for my leader line...

10. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    hey... i too had something huge on my line a couple of weekends back... i didn't get it up to the peir, but i seen bites, then my rod bend over... i set the hook and it felt like i set the hook into a tree, but it started fighting back... after about 5 min. or so, i could hear it splashing up at the surface a ways out... a couple of seconds after that, i had lost the fish... i reeled in my line, thinking it was snapped, to find out that my eagle claw laser sharp j-style hook was snapped. i can't even get those hooks to bend or break when i have a snag... it was amazing... and i'm hoping to one day get the same fish, so that i can have that fight again, and hopefully win the second time around.... then i would take the measurements, the weight, and a picture, and put him back in.

11. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    hey yall... i'm going back up to jordan this fri. and sat. nights... i'm tryin to talk my better half into letting me get this pontoon boat that i found, and i just about have her cracked to say yes... so i don't know if i will be on the peir at bells church or on the water yet... will update when i know... if anyone wants to meet up up there just let me know.

(p.s.) the pontoon i'm tryin to get is a 1997 fisher freedom 240 dlx with a trailer, but i have to trade my car in to get it, so i'm looking at a 1986 chevy c10 silverado to go along with it. they will look really good together and make me happy... lol... but my fiance isn't letting me get the boat... so far... lol

12. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    nope... no pontoon boat for me.... i'll just be fishing on the peir... lol... the loan was too much for what i can afford for right now... maybe in a couple of years