going tomorrow

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Feb 26, 2009.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    well going to load up and hit some new water in a new area tomorrow. never fished david d. lock and dam so i need to go check it out , rain and all :smile2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck brother. I am taking the wife out today as well. Its going to be a great day here in Georgia

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Good luck bro I may go a while mysellf I can stand a little rain but not a flood

4. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Good luck hope ya catch a bunch !! :smile2:

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Well Dang it Tall!!! I am suppose to be working on the roof. But since i am sick, I may not get to do that either!! There is a lot of spots over there i would like to try myself. If it was not for the roof or sickness i would be there too!

Be sure to lock up your truck. That is a very secluded area. And anything can happen.

6. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well heres my story. should have stayed home :smile2: We launched the boat at riverfront park ramp and headed up river to the dam. they was not generating nothing , we could sit at the dam in the boat with no anchors but did use them because of the wind. Well after about 30 min with not even a bite we moved on down river, same story nothing .so we decided to run down river below the bridges at little rock and try. on the way down the wind really got mean and put the waves over two feet high . we had to idle down river for safety. I thought i was in the gulf with some of them waves :smile2: but we managed . got to the bridges and tied up -well you know nothing. So we hit a few more more spots with now luck . I guess i dont know the area enough but it seems this part of the river is completly flat on the bottom. it staid a constant 25-40 ft deep with no drop off or nothing. I think ill just stick to my area with moveing water ,dropoffs and deep up to 70 ft holes and eddies and so forth .but did like to see the new area , and got some great scenery pics of the cliffs and city.

7. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Tall- thought you was going to David D Terry? Instead you went in between and up to Murry. Better fishing downriver towards the David D Terry and around Willow Beach area I Beleive!

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I went up on the White trout fishing from the bank limited out 5 all around 14 inches thowed 4 or 5 smsller ones back yahoo:006: