Going to Yatesville

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by bigkane, Aug 18, 2009.

1. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    My brother and law and I are going to try and fish Yatesville on Saturday evening into Sunday morning if the weather holds up. I'm pretty sure there's mostly channels in there with some flatties in the mix. We'll be bank fishing so we'll need some luck. Has anyone caught any flatties there? I'll probably use some shrimp and nightcrawlers on one rod and some live or cut bait on another to see if I can get lucky. If anyone wants to fish with us send me a pm and we can meet up.

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck ! I have been having luck on liver here in the river I hate using it but have been catching channels ....

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    you made your choice i see...best of luck too you ill call you if i think i can make it out....

4. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Yatesville was a bust, not one catfish. Fished all weekend with not one taker of shrimp, nightcrawler, bluegill cut & live, or stink bait. I did get to see plenty of catfish however. Just make a trip to the marina and you can feed them dogfood all day long :smile2: They sell it in the boat dock store there and they'll practically eat outta your hand. I guess next time I'll take some Purina with me and maybe I'll have some luck. :angry:

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I have heard of dough/ dip bait having dog food in it as the main ingredent. Might be worth a try next time.