going to wills creek tonight

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flatheadkid, Aug 8, 2009.

1. flatheadkid

flatheadkid New Member

State:
    ohio
    going in search of the freshwater freight train tonight.been on a goal i set 2 years ago when i turned 15 to catch a fish ohio flathead cause thats my last fish i need to catch and i will have caught every speices in ohio and got atleast 1 fish that made fish ohio.

will have results tommorow

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    welcome to the boc

and good luck on your "Quest"

3. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    good luck tonight, we are heading out here soon also, goin down to the muskingam river i think, just got home from catching bait, hope the fish rae hitting tonight

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hope you had some good luck. Keep us informed on how you did.

5. flatheadkid

flatheadkid New Member

State:
    ohio
    well got there aroung 5 pm and fished till 2 am..and i got 2 good runs first one hit about a 13in crappie and i let him take it went to set the hook and there was weight but no fish.second one was on a 5in gill and i just got to excitied...:)

well skunked again..

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the site man. Sounds like you still had fun at that. Thats the main thing....Better luck to ya next time on your quest, and im sure you will get some gooduns soon if ya keep at em man! Goodluck...rollo

7. flatheadkid

flatheadkid New Member

State:
    ohio
    yea i caught a 5 pounder before the spawn.. this is only like my 4th year tryin for 1 still a noob to the flatheads there really hard to locate at first

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Johnathan welcome to the skunks club. We all been there. You did have some excitement with the nice runs tho. I just can't get myself to use that big of baits. When I have tried larger baits it seems the hook set doesn't happen too often. Regardless thanks for the post an wish you better luck next fishing trip!

9. flatheadkid

flatheadkid New Member

State:
    ohio
    i was using 8/0 gama octopus hooks and on the gill i had a kahle 5/0

10. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What constitutes a fish Ohio flathead-I guess I never really thought about it.Just how big do he gotta be.

11. flatheadkid

flatheadkid New Member

State:
    ohio
    im pretty sure its 35 inches or longer

12. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    good luck to you buddy, just keep trying, and don't give up, you have made all your other goals, just keep in mind some folks try for years and give up, keep at it and when you do get it, the victory will be oh so sweet:wink:

13. flatheadkid

flatheadkid New Member

State:
    ohio
    yea i dont give up i wont stop till i die tryin i love to fish so much you pretty much have to drag me by my feet to leave but thats just cause i was taught to hunt and fish insted of get in trouble in town so hats off to my my grandpa for helpin me and making me a heck of a fisherman:)

14. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Keep up the good work buddie.

15. flatheadkid

flatheadkid New Member

State:
    ohio
    will do i wont give up till i get one im stubbern