going to try the Wabash River this weekend

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by hdfatboy29, Jan 22, 2008.

1. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    snow or no snow i,m gonna hit the bash at clinton and see what,s biting or not biting . goin to be wearing the carharts ( hahaha) i aint freezin my bait off . if anyone wants to join let me know or i,ll just post pics when i get back . be safe ya all and get a line wet

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    She's at 14' today in Terre Haute Brian. Bundle up brother, be careful and get some pics of them Clinton flatties on here.

3. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Brian...good luck to you. Concentrate on the outside bends in deeper water with good current and you will do well. I have caught 40 and 50+ lb fish below the boat ramp at Clinton. Fresh shad and skippies will work best for big blues. You can get fresh shad by cast netting at the Racoon Lake discharge that isnt too far away. Westside Bait & Tackle in Indy has fresh frozen skipjack. Hope this helps. Post a report after you go.

4. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    oh yeah i,ll post pics if i catch anything over 5 lbs ( hahaha) and belive me i,ll bundle up too and yeah i,m takin the cast net i,ll go right by the discharge at raccoon to pick up a buddy so it,s not even out of the way so i,ll have to see if i do any good or not thanks guys will let ya know

5. Massive Cat

Massive Cat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Have fun and try to say warm.

6. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    well looks like you had some decent weather, especially on sunday. how did it go?

7. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    yeah i caught a couple of blues around 5to 6 lb and a couple of flattys about the same size up around clinton

8. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Im going to Hutsonville this weekend to give it a try. Will post a report after I go.

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Indycatguy, I am kinda new to catfishin but have put in at Hutsonville a few times last summer. What do you usually use for bait?

11. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    well bud i use a wide variety of baits from worms to chicken livers and dip baits to cut bait and whole blue gills and shad i hope this helps ya on the dip baits i use those in the really slow waters

12. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    hard to beat skip jack, shad and live sunfish i like the green ear .

13. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    What he said. Skippies are excellent bait.